Woman: And what was your main problem? Nervousness? I know that's mine.
您主要的问题是什么呢?紧张?我知道这是我的问题所在。
Man: Well I had always thought it was nervousness, and it's true that at the time I had no techniques for dealing with that.
我以前一直以为是紧张,在那时,我的确没有能够解决这个问题的技巧。
But I think audiences accept the fact that speakers get nervous, and it really doesn't matter.
但我认为,观众可以接受演讲者很紧张的事实,而且这真的不要紧。
No, I discovered that my No. 1 problem was preparation.
不,我发现我最大的问题出在准备工作上。
Nobody had ever told me anything about how to prepare, and I didn't really know how to do it properly.
没有人告诉我该如何准备,而且我真的不知道如何正确准备。
Woman: And when you realised that, what did you change?
当您意识到这一点的时候,您作何改变了呢?
Man: Well, before, I used to go through the whole presentation in an empty room on my own.
我以前经常会在一个空房间里自己把整个演讲过一遍。
The first change in my approach
我做的第一个改变
came when I realised it's much more realistic and much more useful to do it in front of two or three colleagues.
就是当我意识到,更现实、更有用的准备办法是在两三个同事面前做演讲的时候。
That way you get some feedback.
这样的话你可以得到一些反馈。
Otherwise you have no idea whether or not your presentation is effective, or which parts might need further attention.
否则你不知道你的演讲是否有效,也不知道哪个部分可能需要更多关注。
Woman: Is that the method you recommend now?
您现在是推荐这个方法吗?
Man: Well, not quite. What I would advise is to make a video of your practice presentation ...
不完全是。我会建议你拍一个练习演讲的视频……
Woman: Instead of using colleagues?
而不是用同事?
Man: No, a recording of your presentation to them.
不,拍下你给他们做演讲的视频。
Then it's easier for all of you to go back and see what's wrong and how it can be improved.
这样你们回去看看哪里出了问题以及如何改正就会变得更容易。
It's actually much better than recording other people doing real presentations, however good they are.
这其实比录下其他人的实战演讲要更好,不管他们做的有多好。