This morning, Martin Baker is in our studio to tell us how he started his company, Coffee Express.
今早,马丁·贝克在演播室为我们讲述了他是如何创立咖啡速递的。
Martin, good morning.
马丁,早上好。
Good morning.
早上好。
First of all, Martin, what made you decide to start your own business?
首先,马丁,你为什么决定自己创业?
Well, previously I worked as a consultant in the retail sector, helping clients to face difficult challenges, or helping with their ambitions to make a lot of money,
之前我在零售部门做顾问,帮助客户解决困难,或者赚大钱,
and I realised that what really interested me was not giving advice to other company owners, but actually having one myself.
我意识到,真正让我感兴趣的不是给其他公司老板提建议,而是拥有一家自己的公司。
So where did you get the initial funding for Coffee Express?
那么咖啡速递的初始资金从哪里得来的呢?
I thought I wouldn't be able to get a bank loan,
我想我可能没法从银行那儿贷款
so I contacted a group called 'Business Angels' which invests in small businesses, and they provided the capital.
所以我联系了一个叫“商业天使”的组织,他们投资小企业,我们的资金是他们投资的。
Later I found out that I did have a colleague with a substantial amount of money to invest who was very interested in becoming a business partner;
后来我发现我有一个同事有一大笔钱需要投资,他对成为商业伙伴很感兴趣;
but by then it was too late.
但当时已经太晚了。
I see. And what sort of company is Coffee Express?
我明白了。咖啡速递是个什么样的公司?