Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
It something is up for grabs, does that mean you have to reach up to get it?
如果某样东西是可以争取的,这是否意味着你必须伸手去拿?
Hey, are you coming to game night at the library?
嘿,你要来图书馆玩游戏吗?
I don't know.
我不知道。
If says they have prizes up for grabs.
上面说他们有奖品供大家争夺。
Prizes?
奖品?
What prizes?
什么奖品?
I love prizes!
我喜欢奖品!
It just says here, "Five prizes up for grabs, so come ready to play!"
上面只写着:“五个奖品待定,快来玩吧!”
Maybe you'll win one!
也许你会赢一个!
One?
一个?
Maybe I'll win five!
也许我会赢五个!
Confidence helps, I guess.
我想自信是有帮助的。
When something is up for grabs, it's available to any person who wants it.
当某样东西是可能得到的时,任何想要它的人都可以买到。
And if a prize is up for grabs, a lot of people will want it.
如果有奖品可供争夺的,很多人都会想要它。
So, Anna might need more than confidence to win.
所以,安娜可能需要的不仅仅是信心。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》!