What form do we use to talk about the future in English?
用英语谈论未来要用什么语法形式?
Will? That's not always correct.
用will吗?并不是所有情况都用will。
Mini English Lessons
迷你英语课
Today's Mini English Lesson is about future forms.
今天的迷你英语课是关于将来时态。
You've probably learned that we use will to talk about the future,
你可能已经知道,我们用will来谈论未来,
and that's sometimes correct, but we also use many other forms.
有时用will是正确的,但我们也使用许多其他语法形式。
I'm going to tell you a short story, and I'll use five different forms to talk about the future.
我将给你讲一个小故事,而且我会用五种不同的形式来谈论未来。
See if you can spot them all.
看看你能不能把这些形式都找出来。
I need to decide what I'm doing for my holiday this year.
我需要决定今年假期我要做什么。
I get two whole months off work, so I'm definitely going to go somewhere.
我有整整两个月的假期,所以我肯定要去某个地方玩儿。
Maybe I'll take a train to somewhere sunny,
也许我会乘火车去某个阳光明媚的地方,
but I probably won't fly because I don't like airports.
但我可能不会坐飞机, 因为我不喜欢机场。
Whatever I do, I have to make sure that I'm back by September because that's when school starts again.
无论我做什么,我都必须确保在九月之前回来,因为那时候学校又要开学了。
So, did you spot the five ways of talking about the future in my story?
那么,你在我的故事中发现了谈论未来的五种方式吗?
The first one was I'm doing.
第一个是I'm doing。
I need to decide what I'm doing.
我需要决定我要做什么。
This is the present continuous, but we use it to talk about the future.
这是现在进行时,但是我们用它来谈论未来。
It's very common for plans that you feel confident will happen, something that you're sure about.
对于你相信一定会发生的计划,对于你确定的事情,用现在进行时谈论未来是很常见的。
So we use it a lot for questions as well.
所以我们也会在疑问句中大量使用这个时态。
For example: What are you doing this weekend?
例如:你这个周末要做什么?
The next one was, I'm definitely going to go...
下一个形式是,我肯定会去……
This is the verb be, I am, plus going to, plus the infinitive.
这是动词be,I am,加上going to,再加上动词不定式。
In informal English, we can change going to to gonna.
在非正式英语中,可以把going to变成gonna。
So you would say, I'm definitely gonna go...
所以你会说“我肯定会去……”。
Remember, this is very informal.
请记住,这是非常不正式的。
Don't use it in a job interview.
不要在工作面试中使用这个词。
So we use this, a bit like the present continuous, when we feel very confident about our plans.
当我们对计划非常有信心时,我们会使用这个形式,它有一点像现在进行时。
You'll notice in my story, I said I'm definitely going to go...
你注意到在我的故事里,我说“我肯定会去……”。
So that means I'm really sure.
这意味着我对计划真的很确定。
In the next sentence, I said, maybe I'll take a train, and I probably won't fly.
在下一句话中,我说“也许我会坐火车”和“我可能不会坐飞机”。
So I'm cheating a little bit because I said this was two forms, but it's kind of one because won't is just the negative of will.
这里我有点耍赖了,因为我把这两句话算作了两种形式,但其实就是一种,因为won't就是will的否定形式。
You could say "won't"; you could say "will not."
你可以说won't,也可以说will not。
We use will and won't for things that we are quite sure about, but not as sure as when we use the present continuous and going to.
我们用will和won't来谈论比较确定的事情,但不像使用现在进行时和going to时那么确定。
Will often comes with words like I think, maybe, probably...
will经常与我觉得、可能、也许之类的词一起出现……
For more information about will, watch Natasha's Mini English Lesson.
想知道有关will的更多信息,请查看娜塔莎的迷你英语课。
Did you spot the final future form that I used?
你注意到我用的最后一个将来时态了吗?
You might not have noticed it because it looks like a different tense.
你可能没有注意到,因为它看起来像一个不同的时态。
It was, "I have to be back in September because that's when school starts."
那就是“我必须在九月之前回来,因为那个时候学校开学了”。
It's actually the present simple, but we use it to talk about scheduled events in the future,
这实际上是一般现在时,但是我们用它来谈论已经定下日期的未来事件,
something that you can't control, but you're sure is going to happen.
你无法控制这些事,但你确定它会发生。
A lot of languages do this, so your own language might do it as well.
很多语言都会这样,所以你的母语可能也会用一般现在时描述未来。
For example, you might say, the train leaves at six o'clock.
例如,你可能会说,火车六点出发。
Sometimes when a train leaves on time, that could actually be really inconvenient.
有时火车能准时出发,但这种情况实际上可能很不方便。
Watch my English for Life video about telling anecdotes to see what I mean.
请观看我录的关于讲述奇闻轶事的英语生活视频,就明白我的意思了。
So we use the present simple to talk about the future when we are a hundred percent certain that it's going to happen.
所以当我们百分之百确定某事将要发生时,我们就用一般现在时谈论未来。
As much as the future ever can be certain.
这种情况下未来是尽可能确定的。
At the beginning of this video, I told you a story about my holidays.
在这个视频的开头,我给你讲了关于我假期的故事。
And, yes, you heard correctly, I have two months off.
是的,你没听错,我有两个月的假期。
So I'm gonna go now and start planning what I'm going to do.
所以我现在要走了,我要求计划一下我要做什么。
Bye.
再见。