Night Ten
第十夜
Good old Seymour is one smart hamster!
好样的西摩是一只聪明的仓鼠!
My escape went like clockwork.
我的逃跑计划进展得很顺利。
I moved the seed dish.
我把装种子的碟子移开。
Then I was able to muscle the FuzzyBoy to the front of the cage.
然后我就能把跑步轮推到笼子的前面了。
I had a little trouble climbing the outside of the wheel.
我在攀爬轮子的外壁时遇到了一点小麻烦。
It kept spinning and I wasn’t getting anywhere.
轮子不停地旋转,我一直停留在原地。
But sweet Pearl suggested I jam a sunflower seed at the side of the wheel, and it worked!
但是可爱的珍珠建议我在轮子边上塞一粒葵花籽,结果起作用了!
After that, it was easy.
在那之后,事情就容易了。
I shimmied up the wheel and popped the lid right off.
我摇摇晃晃地爬上轮子,然后一下子把笼盖打开了。
Question: Who’s going to eat every yogurt drop in the sunroom?
提问:谁会去吃掉阳光房里的每一颗酸奶豆?
Answer: ME!
回答:我!
Night Eleven
第十一夜
Note to self: Cats are big, fat liars.
给自己的便条:猫都是大骗子。
I’m writing this from under the sofa.
我正在沙发下面写这个便条。
One wrong move and Pearl will have me for dinner.
一步走错,珍珠就会把我当晚餐吃掉。
For starters, the staircase is not made of sunflower seeds.
首先,楼梯不是用葵花籽做的。
It’s just carpet.
上面只是铺了地毯。
It tastes like a sweater.
尝起来像毛衣。
And the sunroom is nice, but there wasn’t a yogurt drop in sight.
阳光房不错,但是没有看到一颗酸奶豆。
And when I heard Pearl (the big, fat liar) say, “Hello, Seymour,” I knew something was wrong.
当我听到珍珠(那个大骗子)说“你好啊,西摩”时,我就知道情况不对劲。
She looked really hungry.
她看起来真的很饿。
But all of that time on the wheel paid off.
但在轮子上的锻炼没有白费。
I raced past her and squeezed out of the sunroom just in time.
我从她身边跑过,及时从门缝里跑出了阳光房。
I made it here, but now what?
我逃到这里了,但是现在怎么办?
Pearl keeps clawing under the sofa.
珍珠一直在沙发下面挠啊挠。
That big, fat liar! I’ll probably never see my cage again.
那个大骗子!我可能再也见不到我的笼子了。
Question: Who’s in big trouble?
提问:谁有大麻烦了?
Answer: ME!
回答:我!
Night Twelve
第十二夜
I’m doomed.
我逃不掉了。
I’ll never make it out of here alive.
我永远无法活着离开这里。
I can see Pearl pacing back and forth.
我能看见珍珠在来回踱步。
She says she’s looking up recipes.
她说她正在查看食谱。
I tore a tag off the bottom of the sofa,
我从沙发底部撕下一个标签,
found an old pencil, and wrote out my will.
找到一支旧铅笔,然后写下了我的遗嘱。
“I, Seymour Q. Hamster, being of tired mind and hungry body, leave my FuzzyBoy 360 to my 17 brothers.
“我,西摩·Q. 仓鼠,身心俱疲,将我的跑步轮留给我的17个兄弟。
I leave my water bottle to my 22 sisters.
将我的水瓶留给我的22个姐妹。
And to my sweet mother and father, I leave the four yogurt drops hidden in the corner of my cage.
对我亲爱的爸爸妈妈,我要把藏在笼子角落里的四颗酸奶豆留给他们。
I won’t be needing them.”
我不会再需要酸奶豆了。”
I sniffled a few times and fell asleep.
我抽泣了几下,然后睡着了。
“Goodbye, friends. I love you all.”
“再见,朋友们。我爱你们所有人。”
Night Thirteen
第十三夜
So hungry and tired I could barely move, I heard Pearl purring the way she does when she sleeps.
我又饿又累,几乎无法动弹, 我听到珍珠发出她睡觉时的呼噜声。
It was my only chance.
这是我唯一的机会。
I tiptoed out from the back of the sofa and headed straight for my cage.
我从沙发后面蹑手蹑脚地走出来,径直朝笼子走去。
I was going to make it!
我就要成功了!
But suddenly, there was a terrible noise.
但是突然之间,传来了一阵可怕的声音。
It sounded like a hurricane.
那声音听起来像一场飓风。
An enormous monster was coming right at me.
一个巨大的怪物正径直朝我而来。
I looked up at its terrible eyes and read the most frightening word: HOOVER!
我抬头看着它那双可怕的眼睛,然后读出了最可怕的词:胡佛!
It was trying to suck me inside!
它想把我吸进去!
Buck heard the commotion and started barking like crazy.
巴克听到骚动,开始疯狂地叫起来。
That woke up Pearl, the big, fat liar, who hissed, “He’s mine!”
这把珍珠吵醒了,那个大骗子,她低声怒吼:“他是我的!”
And started racing right toward me.
然后开始朝我直冲过来。
Hoover had me by the tail, Pearl was swiping at me with her claws, and Buck was howling like mad.
胡佛吸住了我的尾巴,珍珠在用爪子抓我,巴克像疯了一样嚎叫。
I was a goner.
我要完了。
I closed my eyes and waited for it to be over.
我闭上眼睛,等待着这一切结束。
And then came the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard.
然后我听到了这辈子最甜蜜的话。
“SEYMOUR!”
“西摩!”
It was suddenly very quiet.
突然之间非常安静。
Hoover, Pearl, and Buck stopped in their tracks.
胡佛、珍珠和巴克都停下了脚步。
And one surprised but happy Little Girl got to me first.
一个又惊又喜的小女孩先捉到了我。
She kissed me on the nose, a lovely, beautiful, sweet kiss.
她吻了我的鼻子,这是一个可爱、美丽、甜蜜的吻。
And I kissed her right back.
我也回吻了她。
Twice.
吻了两次。
Night Fourteen
第十四夜
My life is perfect.
我的人生是完美的。
I have a bowl full of seeds, a cozy pile of wood shavings, and room to run.
我有满满一碗种子,一堆舒适的木屑,还有可以奔跑的空间。
I’m never leaving here.
我永远不会离开这里。
Question: Who’s the luckiest hamster in the world?
提问:谁是世界上最幸运的仓鼠?
Answer: ME!
回答:我!
What I really liked about this book is that it’s a story about appreciating what you already have
我很喜欢这本书的地方是,它告诉我们要欣赏你已经拥有的东西,
and feeling grateful for the life you have.
并感恩你所拥有的生活。
You know, a lot of us are looking around and thinking other people have it better or maybe there is somewhere more exciting
你知道,我们很多人都会看看四周,然后认为别人过得更好,或者别的地方更精彩,
and I just love that at the end of the story the hamster realizes
我很喜欢在故事的结尾,仓鼠意识到:
‘you know, I have a very happy little cage and a wonderful wheel to run on and somebody who loves me.’
“你知道吗,我有一个非常快乐的小笼子、一个可以跑步的超棒的轮子,还有一个爱我的人。”
He starts to appreciate the love of the little girl, which is really sweet.
他开始欣赏小女孩的爱,这真的很暖心。
I also really just love a memoir in general because
我也真的很喜欢读回忆录,因为
I think people’s stories are fascinating and hamster stories are fascinating too, as it turns out.
我觉得人的故事很有意思,事实证明,仓鼠的故事也很有意思。
And I just love hearing stories that are like a day in the life.
而且我就喜欢听那种就像是日常生活中的一天那样的故事。
And so this book was kind of perfect.
所以这本书在某种程度上是完美的。
Thank you for watching Storyline Online.
感谢观看《明星为你读绘本》。
Make sure to check out all of our stories.
请一定要观看我们的所有故事。
Keep watching and keep reading.
请保持关注,保持阅读。