OK, I’ll just explain some words that are in today’s story.
好的,我来解释一下今天故事中的几个单词。
Pancakes are thin, flat cakes. You make pancakes in a frying pan.
Pancakes是又薄又平的蛋糕。你可以在煎锅里做煎饼。
Generally, you use frying pans to fry food like onions.
一般来说,要先用煎锅炒像洋葱一样的食物。
Anyway, pancakes are a popular food for breakfast.
总之,煎饼是很受欢迎的早餐食物。
You mix flour, eggs and milk in a bowl, and then you cook it in a frying pan.
你把面粉、鸡蛋和牛奶混合在碗里,然后在煎锅里烙。
After a few minutes, you have to flip the pancake.
几分钟后,必须得给煎饼翻面。
When you flip something, you turn it upside down, or 90 degrees.
当你flip某样东西的时候,是把它倒过来,或者旋转90度。
Flipping pancakes is hard. If you are not careful, the pancake might fall on the floor!
翻煎饼很难。一不小心,煎饼可能会掉到地板上!
After you flip the pancake and finish cooking it, you can put other things on it.
煎饼在锅里烙好之后,可以在上面加上其他东西。
For example, you can put fruit, sugar, lemon juice, peanut butter, Nutella, maple syrup and many other things on pancakes.
例如,你可以把水果、糖、柠檬汁、花生酱、巧克力酱、枫糖浆和许多其他东西加在煎饼上。
American pancakes are small and thick, but British pancakes are big and thin.
美国的煎饼又小又厚,但英国的煎饼又大又薄。
In many countries, the thin type of pancake is called a crêpe.
在许多国家,这种薄煎饼被称为可丽饼。
At first means ‘at the start’. For example, I started the podcast in 2019.
At first的意思是‘在开始的时候’。例如,我2019年开始做播客。
At first, I was not very good at reading out the stories. Now, I think I do it quite well.
起初,我不太擅长读故事。现在,我觉得我做得不错。
That’s normal when you learn something. At first it is very hard, but then it gets easier.
刚开始学东西的时候,这很正常。一开始很难,但后来就变得容易了。
Giant means very, very big.
Giant的意思是非常非常大。
Giants are also magic people from stories who are very big.
巨人也是故事中拥有魔力的大型人物。
In Harry Potter, Hagrid is half-giant.
在《哈利波特》中,海格是个半巨人。
If you make a giant pancake, it will take a long time to eat it.
如果你做一个巨大的煎饼,要花很长时间才能吃完。
When you are sick of something, you have had too much of it and now you hate it.
当你sick of某事时,你已经受够了,现在你讨厌这件事。
For example, it rains a lot in the UK.
例如,英国的降雨量很大。
If it rains every day for a month, you might get sick of rain.
如果连续一个月每天都下雨,你可能会厌倦下雨。
You never want to see rain again!
你再也不想看到下雨了!
Or, if you eat pizza every day, you might get sick of pizza.
或者,如果你每天都吃披萨,你可能会厌倦披萨。
When something connects you to a person, it makes you feel close to that person.
当某件事把你和一个人connect在一起时,它会让你感觉和那个人很亲近。
For example, my dad was a professor of German, and I also speak German.
例如,我父亲是德语教授,我也会说德语。
Sometimes, I ask him to recommend me books in German, or we talk about the German language, and I feel connected to him.
有时,我让他给我推荐德语书籍,或者我们谈论德语,我会觉得和他有联系。
We are connected by an interest in German.
我们因对德语的兴趣而联系在一起。
Or maybe your mum taught you how to cook, and cooking connects you to your mum.
或者,也许你妈妈教你如何做饭,烹饪将你和你妈妈联系在一起。
When you run a business, you are making the business work.
当你run一家企业时,你就是在让企业运转起来。
For example, Elon Musk runs Tesla, a business which sells electric cars.
例如,埃隆·马斯克经营着特斯拉,这是一家销售电动汽车的企业。
Elon Musk also runs Twitter, but right now he is running it very badly!
埃隆·马斯克也经营着Twitter,但现在他经营得非常糟糕!
Space is the place outside Earth, our planet.
Space是我们的星球地球之外的地方。
Space is big and black and empty. There are lots of stars and planets in space.
太空又大又黑,空荡荡的。太空中有很多恒星和行星。
For example, the moon moves through space and is near to Earth.
例如,月球在太空中运行,并且离地球很近。
A person who travels through space is an astronaut.
在太空中旅行的人是宇航员。
Astronauts often study astrophysics. Astrophysics is the study of space.
宇航员经常学习天体物理学。天体物理学是一门研究太空的学科。
My brother studied astrophysics at university, but he did not become an astronaut.
我哥哥在大学学的是天体物理学,但他没有成为一名宇航员。
There are lots of ways to exercise. One way of exercising is to lift weights.
锻炼的方法有很多。锻炼的一种方式是lift weights。
Weights are heavy things that you pick up with your hands.
Weights是用手捡起来的重物。
When you lift weights, your body has to work very hard, and then your muscles get bigger.
当你举重时,你的身体必须非常努力地工作,这样你的肌肉会变得更大。
In the past, Arnold Schwarzernegger could lift 226kg. That’s a lot!
以前,阿诺德·斯瓦辛格能举起226公斤。超大的重量!
A grave is the place you put a body when someone dies. Graves are usually in the ground, the earth.
grave是人死的时候放尸体的地方。坟墓通常埋在地里,土里。
You put a gravestone on top of the grave, and the gravestone has the name of the dead person on it.
你把一块墓碑放在坟墓上,墓碑上刻着死者的名字。
Most graves are next to churches.
大多数坟墓都紧挨着教堂。
OK, so listen and enjoy!
好了,接下来请欣赏故事吧!