OK, I’ll just explain some words that are in today’s story.
好的,我来解释一下今天故事中的几个单词。
When you notice something, you see something for the first time.
当你notice一些东西时,是指你第一次看到一些东西。
For example, maybe you see your friend and your friend has had a haircut.
例如,也许你见到朋友时,发现朋友理发了。
You might say, ‘Oh, I notice you had your hair cut!’
你可能会说,‘哦,我注意到你剪头发了!’
Or maybe you go outside and you don’t notice that it’s raining, and then ten minutes later it rains more and you get very wet.
或者你出门时没注意到外面要下雨,十分钟后,雨下得更大了,你全身都湿透了。
A cavity is a hole in your tooth.
cavity是指牙齿上的洞。
When you eat lots of sweets and don’t brush your teeth enough, you might get a cavity.
如果你吃太多糖果,但没有勤刷牙,你可能会长龋齿。
Maybe a part of your tooth will fall out.
也许你有一块儿牙会掉下来。
But sometimes you don’t notice that you have a cavity.
但有时候你可能没注意到牙齿上有个洞。
Then you go to the dentist, and the dentist tells you that you have a cavity.
去看牙医时,牙医告诉你牙上有个洞。
Then, you get a filling.
然后,你会得到filling。
A filling is when a dentist puts something in your tooth where a cavity was.
filling是指牙医在你牙齿上有洞的地方放上些东西。
Fillings stop the cavities from growing bigger.
填充物可以阻止牙洞变大。
In the past, fillings were black and did not look nice, but now you can get white fillings, so that your teeth still look nice.
以前,牙齿填充物是黑色的,看起来不好看,但现在填充物是白色的,牙齿看上去很好看。
I never had fillings when I was growing up, but I have had to get two fillings as an adult.
小时候我从来没补过牙,但成年后我不得不补了两次牙。
When you smile, you move the sides of your mouth up.
当你smile的时候,嘴巴的两侧会向上移动。
It is like a laugh, but smaller. You want to show that you are happy.
它跟大笑差不多,但幅度更小。你想表现出快乐。
If you like someone, you smile at them.
如果你喜欢某人,你会对他们微笑。
In some countries, people smile a lot more than in other countries.
在一些国家,人们比其他国家的人更爱笑。
Sometimes, Thailand is called ‘the land of smiles’.
有时,泰国被称为“微笑的国度”。
A hammer is a tool that you use to hit things.
hammer是你用来砸东西的工具。
People use hammers to put nails in walls, and then you can hang a picture on the nail.
人们用锤子把钉子钉在墙上,然后就可以在钉子上挂一幅画。
Or you might use a hammer to break something, like a rock.
或者你可以用锤子打碎一些东西,比如一块石头。
A nail is the hard thing on your fingers and toes.
nail是手指和脚趾上最硬的东西。
Nails grow and you have to cut them, but some people like having long nails.
指甲长了,就必须把它们剪掉,但有些人喜欢长指甲。
Some people paint their nails, and some people put on plastic nails.
有些人会涂指甲,有些人戴塑料指甲。
If you are very nervous, you might bite your nails.
如果你很紧张,你可能会咬指甲。
Of course, you cannot bite your toenails, because they are on your toes!
当然,你不能咬脚趾甲,因为它们长在脚上!
Sandals are shoes that are open at the front.
Sandals是前面敞口的鞋子。
Normally, shoes cover your toes, but if you wear sandals, everyone can see your toes.
通常情况下,鞋子会盖住脚趾,但如果你穿的是凉鞋,别人就能看到你的脚趾。
If you have very long toenails, this can be a problem!
如果你脚趾甲很长,这可能会是问题!
People usually wear sandals in the summer in the UK, because it is too cold at other times of the year.
英国人通常在夏天穿凉鞋,因为除了夏天以外都太冷了。
Radiators are machines that make heat, that make a room hot.
Radiators是产生热量的机器,它能让房间变热。
Radiators are usually white, and they sit on the wall.
暖气片一般是白色的,会挂在墙上。
You can turn a part of the radiator, the dial, to make it hotter or colder.
你可以转动暖气片的一部分,也就是刻度盘,让它变得更热或更冷。
Destroy means to break something completely.
Destroy的意思是完全破坏某事。
If there is an old building and someone wants to build a new building there, they will need to destroy the old building first.
如果有一座老建筑,有人想在那里建一座新建筑,他们首先需要摧毁旧建筑。
If a fire starts in your house, it could destroy all your things.
如果你的房子起火,可能会烧毁你所有的东西。
A hero is a person who is very brave and does very difficult things.
hero是指非常勇敢,去做非常困难的事情的人。
Most often, we talk about superheroes, like Batman and Spiderman.
大多数时候,我们谈论的是超级英雄,比如蝙蝠侠和蜘蛛侠。
But there are also real heroes who are normal people.
但也有真正的英雄,他们是普通人。
For example, during the beginning of coronavirus, many people said that nurses and doctors were heroes.
例如,在冠状病毒爆发之初,许多人说护士和医生是英雄。
OK, so listen and enjoy!
好了,接下来请欣赏故事吧!