OK, I’ll just explain some words that are in today’s story.
好的,我来解释一下今天故事中的几个单词。
When you tear something, and the past tense is tore, you pull it so that it breaks.
当你tear某物时,是指你拉动它,让它破碎,过去式是tore。
If you pull your clothes, they can tear.
如果你拉衣服,它们会撕裂。
You can tear a piece of paper easily.
你可以轻易撕坏一张纸。
You can also tear hair out of your head, but this hurts a lot.
你也可以扯掉头上的头发,但这样会很疼。
If you tear through something, you break through it to the other side.
如果你撕穿了什么东西,是指把它从这一边撕到另一边。
If you tear something apart, you tear it into lots of little pieces.
如果你把什么东西撕成碎片,是指把它撕成许多小块。
If you are very hot, you might tear off your clothing to cool down.
如果你很热,可以脱掉衣服降温。
Some calendars have pages you can tear off. Each day, you tear off a new page.
有些日历上的页面你可以撕下来。每天,你都会撕下新的一页。
When it is very hot, or you do a lot of exercise, you sweat.
当天气很热,或者你做了大量运动时,就会sweat。
When you sweat, water comes out of your body, and you start to smell bad.
出汗时,水分会从你的身体里出来,就会有一股难闻的味道。
Some people sweat a lot, and others sweat less.
一些人流汗很多,而另一些人流汗较少。
If you sweat a lot, you should use deodorant.
如果你出汗很多,你应该用deodorant。
You put deodorant under your arms and it stops you from sweating.
除臭剂是放在腋下的,它可以防止出汗。
Some deodorant comes in spray cans, and some deodorant you roll against the skin.
一些除臭剂是装在喷雾罐里,还有一些是在皮肤上滚动的。
Some deodorant has nice smells, like flowers, and some deodorant has no smell, but stops you from sweating.
有些除臭剂味道很好闻,比如花香味,有些除臭剂没有气味,但可以防止你出汗。
Still means ‘despite that’ or ‘nonetheless’.
Still的意思是“尽管如此”或“虽然如此”。
For example, Easy Stories in English is a lot of work, but I still do it, because it’s important to me.
例如,用英语写Easy Stories是一项很大的工作,但我仍然会这样做,因为这对我很重要。
You might love ice cream, but still, you probably shouldn’t eat it every day.
你可能喜欢冰激凌,但你或许不应该每天都吃。
Smell is when you go... The past tense is smelled or smelt.
Smell是指你...的时候。过去式是smelled或smelt。
You smell with your nose. Usually, you smell without thinking.
你用鼻子闻。通常,闻气味是不需要思考的。
If food smells very bad, you shouldn’t eat it.
如果食物很难闻,那就不该吃了。
If a person smells very bad, you shouldn’t kiss them!
如果一个人很难闻,那就不应该亲他!
The heating is the system you use to make a building hotter.
The heating是你用来让房子升温的系统。
If you are cold at home, you can put the heating on to warm up the house.
如果你在家很冷,就可以打开暖气来取暖。
Some heating systems use gas, some use electricity, some use oil and so on.
一些供暖系统用的是燃气,一些用的是电力,一些用的是石油等。
After COVID, electricity and gas has been very expensive in many parts of the world, so now in Europe many people are putting the heating on less to save money.
在新冠之后,世界上许多地区的电力和天然气都非常昂贵,所以现在在欧洲,许多人为了省钱而减少了取暖。
When you stick to something, and the past tense is stuck, you are touching that thing and it won’t stop touching you.
当你stick在一件东西上,是指你摸了那东西,但它却跟你分不开了,过去式是stuck。
For example, if you lick an envelope, you put your tongue on it, it will stick together when you close it.
例如,如果你舔一个信封,把舌头放在上面,等合上信封时,它会粘在一起。
If it is very hot and you are sweating a lot, lots of water is coming out of your body, then your clothes will stick to you.
如果天气很热,你大汗淋漓,你的身体会排出很多水分,那么你的衣服就会粘在你身上。
If you wear a hat for a long time, your hair will stick to your head.
如果你长时间戴帽子,你的头发就会粘在头上。
When you run after someone because you want to catch them, you chase them.
如果你run after某人,是因为你想追上他们,你在追赶他们。
Hunters chase animals to catch and kill them.
猎人追逐动物是为了捕杀它们。
Many children’s games are about chasing each other and catching each other.
许多儿童游戏都是关于互相追逐和追赶的。
If you always chase after success, you might miss the important things in life.
如果你总是追逐成功,可能会错过生活中重要的东西。
Scream is when you go... Screaming is usually very loud.
Scream是指你...的时候。尖叫一般声音很大。
People scream when they are scared or very angry.
当人们害怕或非常愤怒时,他们会尖叫。
But you can also scream for fun reasons.
但你也可以为了好玩而尖叫。
For example, there is a song that children sometimes sing: ‘I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!’
例如,孩子们有时会唱一首歌:‘我尖叫,你尖叫,我们都尖叫着要冰淇淋!’
Because who doesn’t love ice cream?
谁会不喜欢冰淇淋呢?
When you control something, you can choose exactly what it does.
当你control某事时,你可以准确地选择让它做什么。
For example, when you use a computer, you control what the computer does.
例如,当您使用计算机时,您可以控制计算机的功能。
When you play video games, you control a character.
当你玩电子游戏时,你就控制了一个角色。
Some parents like to control their children, and tell their children what to do.
有些父母喜欢控制自己的孩子,告诉孩子该怎么做。
Some bosses like to control their employees, and this is usually not very fun!
一些老板喜欢控制他们的员工,这通常并不是很有趣!
OK, so listen and enjoy!
好了,接下来请欣赏故事吧!