It's time for everyday grammar TV.
又到了每日语法的时间。
Dr. Jill isn't here though, so I guess I'll have to do this lesson by myself.
不过吉尔博士不在,所以这节课估计得我自己来上了。
Last time we talked about some verbs and their objects.
上次我们谈到了一些动词及其宾语。
Hey, I'm sorry I'm late today. I broke a glass in the kitchen.
嘿,对不起,我今天迟到了。我在厨房打碎了一只玻璃杯。
I was cleaning it up so nobody would get cut.
我刚才正在清理呢,免得碎片割伤人。
Perfect. Why do you say that? I was mad at myself for dropping that glass.
太好了。什么意思?我因为打碎玻璃杯还生自己的气呢。
I mean, that's a perfect example of a phrasal verb we use for cleaning.
我是说,那是一个用来展示包含cleaning的动词短语的完美例子。
I see. It's a phrasal verb because it has a verb clean and a preposition up and the meaning is not exactly what the words mean alone.
我明白了。它是短语动词,因为里面包含动词clean和介词up,而且它的意思与这两个单词本身的意思不同。
I said "I was cleaning it up," so it was a separated phrasal verb.
我说“I was cleaning it up”,所以它是一个可以拆开的短语动词。
Hey, I'm sorry I'm late today. I broke a glass in the kitchen.
嘿,对不起,我今天迟到了。我在厨房打碎了一只玻璃杯。
I was cleaning it up so nobody would get cut.
我刚才正在清理呢,免得碎片割伤人。
I hope you were careful when you picked up the pieces of glass.
希望你捡起玻璃碎片的时候小心点。
You could cut your fingers doing that.
你可能会割破手指的。
Oh, I swept them all up with a broom.
哦,我是用扫帚把它们扫起来的。
That's 2 more separable phrasal verbs.
这又是一个可以拆分的短语动词。
I can say pick up the pieces or pick the pieces up and you can say I swept up the pieces or I swept the pieces up.
我可以说pick up the pieces或pick the pieces up,你可以说I swept up the pieces或I swept the pieces up。
I hope you were careful when you picked up the pieces of glass.
希望你捡起玻璃碎片的时候小心点。
I swept them all up with the broom.
我是用扫帚把它们扫起来的。
I think it would be a good time for a quiz, don't you?
现在是测试的好时机,你觉得呢?
Okay, how about this? Make a sentence with pick up and a direct object like toys.
好的,这样怎么样?用pick up和直接宾语toys造句。
Pause the video to think of your answer.
暂停视频,思考您的答案。
Here is one possible answer. I told my son to pick his toys up.
答案示例。我告诉我儿子把他的玩具捡起来。
And that's everyday grammar TV.
这就是日常语法电视节目。