OK, I’ll just explain some words that are in today’s story.
好的,我来解释一下今天故事中的几个单词。
When you put lots of things together, you make a pile.
当你put lots of things together,就是指把它们堆起来。
For example, if you have lots of clothes in your room, and you are very lazy, you might throw them on the floor.
例如,如果你的房间里有很多衣服,而且你很懒,你可能会把它们扔在地板上。
Over time, you will throw more and more clothes, and they will make a pile – like a little mountain of clothes.
随着时间的推移,你会扔越来越多的衣服,它们会堆成一堆衣服--就像一座小山一样。
A leaf, and the plural is leaves, is a small green thing that grows on trees.
leaf,复数是leaves,是生长在树上的绿色小东西。
Trees have long arms called branches, and leaves grow on these branches.
树有被称为树枝的长臂,树叶长在这些树枝上。
Children sometimes take leaves off trees and make pictures with the leaves.
孩子们有时会从树上摘下树叶,用树叶作画。
Some trees have leaves that you can eat.
有些树的叶子可以吃。
In autumn, the leaves turn red and fall off the trees.
秋天,树叶变红,从树上落下。
If you want to move something, you push it.
如果你想移动什么东西,你就push它。
For example, if you want to open a heavy door, you will need to push it.
例如,如果你想打开一扇沉重的门,你就需要推它。
If you push someone very hard, they might fall over.
如果你用力推某人,他们可能会摔倒。
When you wrap something, you cover it with something else.
当你wrap东西的时候,会用别的东西盖住它。
For example, at Christmas people wrap presents.
例如,在圣诞节,人们会包装礼物。
They put special paper on the presents, and then on Christmas day people unwrap the presents and find out what’s inside.
他们在礼物上贴上特制的纸,然后在圣诞节那天,人们打开礼物,看看里面是什么。
If you order something online, it might be wrapped in plastic when it arrives.
如果你在网上订购东西,它可能会在到达时用塑料包裹起来。
If it is very cold, you should wrap up warm, wear lots of warm clothes.
如果天气很冷,你应该穿暖和的衣服,多穿暖和的衣服。
Treasure is money, gold, jewellery – basically, expensive things.
Treasure就是钱、黄金、珠宝--基本就是指昂贵的东西。
But when we say ‘treasure’, we are usually thinking of fantasy and stories.
但当我们说‘宝藏’时,我们通常想到的是幻想和故事。
For example, pirates put treasure in wooden boxes called chests and bury them under the ground.
例如,海盗将宝藏放在被称为箱子的木箱中,并将其埋在地下。
Kings sometimes give treasure to heroes. In many videogames, you collect treasure.
国王有时会把宝藏送给英雄。在许多电子游戏中,你收集宝藏。
When you keep doing something, you continue doing it.
当你keep doing something,你会继续做下去。
For example, maybe you’re reading your book and then your husband calls and says that dinner is ready.
例如,也许你正在读书时,丈夫打电话来说晚餐准备好了。
But the book is so interesting that you keep reading your book and don’t go to dinner.
但这本书太有趣了,以至于你一直在读书,不去吃饭。
Or maybe after you finish this episode of Easy Stories in English, you’ll choose another episode and keep listening.
或者,在你看完这一集简单的英语故事后,你会选择继续听下一集。
Dive, and the past tense is dived or dove, means to go deep underwater.
Dive,过去的时态是dived或dove,意思是深入水下。
If you jump into a swimming pool and go very deep in the water, you dive in.
如果你跳进游泳池,在水里潜得很深,你就是dive in了。
People also dive in the air.
人们也会在空中下潜。
If you jump out of an aeroplane, you are skydiving.
如果你从飞机上跳下来,你就是在跳伞。
Some people put on special clothes and dive very deep under the sea to see what is down there.
一些人穿上特殊的衣服,潜入海底深处去看看那里有什么。
There is a type of ship, a submarine, that can dive underwater.
有一种船可以潜入水下,那就是潜艇。
Something scary makes you feel scared, makes you feel frightened.
一些scary的事情让你感到害怕,让你感到恐惧。
When you are scared, you go, ‘Aah!’
当你害怕的时候,你就会说,‘啊!’
Something scary is something bad and dangerous.
可怕的东西是不好的、危险的东西。
For example, lions are scary, because lions can kill you easily.
例如,狮子很可怕,因为狮子很容易杀掉你。
Many people think clowns are scary.
很多人认为小丑很可怕。
Some people like watching scary films. I don’t!
有些人喜欢看恐怖片。我可不喜欢!
When you are in a place that you don’t want to be, you might run away, run to another place.
当你在一个你不想呆的地方时,你可能会run away,跑到另一个地方。
For example, if your mother is very angry at you, you could run away, but she might run after you.
例如,如果你的母亲非常生你的气,你可以逃跑,但她可能会追着你跑。
If you see a wolf or a bear, you should probably run away.
如果你看到一只狼或一只熊,你也许应该逃跑。
OK, so listen and enjoy!
好了,接下来请欣赏故事吧!