OK, I’ll just explain some words that are in today’s story.
好的,我来解释一下今天故事中的几个单词。
Goats are a short, white animal that go ‘Meeeh!’.
Goats是一种矮小的白色动物,叫声是‘咩!’
Goats are very good at climbing mountains.
山羊非常擅长爬山。
Goats can be used to make milk, cheese and meat.
山羊可以产羊奶,做成奶酪和羊肉。
The eldest is the oldest brother or sister in a family.
The eldest是指家庭中年龄最大的兄弟姐妹。
For example, my brother is older than me and my sister, so he is the eldest.
例如,我哥哥比我和我姐姐都大,所以他是最年长的。
In the past and in many cultures generally, the eldest child was often very important.
过去,在许多文化中,长子往往是非常重要的。
A middle child is a child who is not the youngest and not the eldest.
A middle child是指既不是最小的也不是最大的。
I have an older sister and an older brother.
我有一个姐姐和一个哥哥。
My brother is the eldest, and my sister is the middle child – she is older than me and younger than my brother.
我哥哥是老大,我姐姐就是中间的孩子--她比我大,但比我哥哥小。
There is a stereotype that middle children try to make peace between their older and younger brothers and sisters.
有一种刻板印象,认为排行中间的孩子总试图让年长或年幼的兄弟姐妹和谐共处。
Someone who is greedy wants to have lots of food or lots of money.
greedy的人是指想要有很多食物或很多钱的人。
Children are often greedy because they want to eat lots of sweets.
孩子们往往贪婪,因为他们想吃很多糖果。
Maybe they steal food from other children because they are so greedy.
也许他们偷其他孩子的食物是因为太贪婪了。
Usually, when adults are greedy, it means that they want more and more money.
通常,如果说成年人贪婪,就意味着他们想要越来越多的钱。
Water flows – it moves smoothly.
水flows--是指水流动得很平稳。
If you have water in a sink, it doesn’t flow, because it is not moving, but when water is in a river, it flows down the river.
如果是水槽里有水,它就不会流动,因为它无法移动,但当水在河里时,它会顺流而下。
Water in the sea doesn’t flow so much – it jumps onto the beach very dramatically.
海里的水也不怎么流动,它会剧烈地拍在海滩上。
But if you pour water slowly from a glass, it will flow.
但如果你慢慢地从玻璃杯里往外倒水,水就会流出来。
People who are silly say stupid things and like to make lots of jokes.
silly的人是指这个人会说愚蠢的话,喜欢开很多玩笑。
Usually, young children are quite silly, because they like to have lots of fun and aren’t very serious.
通常,年幼的孩子比较傻,因为他们喜欢快乐玩耍,而且并不当真。
I think we should all be a bit more silly.
我觉得我们都应该傻一点。
When someone drowns, they fall into water and die.
有人drowns时,是指他们落入水中并死亡。
If you can swim, then it is harder to drown, because you can swim out of the water.
如果你会游泳,就不会那么容易溺水,因为你可以浮出水面。
But maybe the water is very deep, or you are in the sea and the land is far away, or you are very hurt.
但可能水很深,或者你在大海里,陆地离你很远,或者你受伤严重。
In those cases, you might drown.
在这种情况下,你可能会溺水身亡。
You can also drown another person, but I don’t recommend it!
也可以说drown另一个人,但我可不建议这样做!
Narrow means not wide.
Narrow就是不宽的意思。
Something can be narrow but very tall, or narrow but short.
东西可以很窄但很高,也可以很窄但很矮。
If a street is narrow, there might not be enough room for a car to drive down it.
如果一条街很窄,说明它可能没有足够的空间让汽车开过去。
One by one means one after the other.
One by one是指着一个接一个。
If you really enjoy M&Ms, you might eat them one by one, instead of eating five at once.
如果你很喜欢M豆,你可能会一个接一个地吃,而不是一次吃五颗。
If you are working on some very difficult mathematics, you will probably have to answer the questions one by one.
如果你正在做一些非常难的数学题,你可能不得不逐一回答这些问题。
When you go to the doctor’s, the doctor talks to patients, sick people, one by one.
去看医生时,医生会一个接一个地与病人、患者交谈。
Trolls are big, ugly monsters.
Trolls是指又大又丑的怪物。
Trolls often appear in stories from Northern Europe.
丑巨人经常出现在北欧的故事中。
An internet troll is someone who likes to make other people angry on the internet.
网络丑巨人就是喜欢在网络上激怒他人的人。
Hopefully, none of you are internet trolls, because they are not nice people!
但愿大家都不是丑巨人,这可不是好人!
When someone is annoying, they do lots of things you don’t like.
如果说某人annoying,是指他们会做很多你不喜欢的事情。
For example, if your younger sister is very loud, steals your food and wakes you up in the morning, she’s probably quite annoying.
例如,如果你的妹妹早上很吵,偷了你的食物,把你叫醒,她可能相当惹人厌烦。
In my opinion, people who have very loud phone conversations on the train are very annoying.
在我看来,在火车上大声打电话的人非常令人讨厌。
OK, so listen and enjoy!
好了,接下来请欣赏故事吧!