Journey to the West Chapter 21 The Monster's Friend
《西游记》第二十一章:妖怪的朋友
Wukong stood before Guanyin. He was telling the bodhisattva everything that had happened at the monastery.
悟空站在观音菩萨面前。他把寺院里发生的一切都告诉了观音菩萨。
"Then a bear spirit called the Black Wind King stole the robe," the monkey went on. "I demanded he give it back.
“那只叫黑风王的黑熊精偷走了袈裟。”悟空继续说,“我要求他把袈裟还回来。
"We fought—until the bear spirit said it was lunchtime and hid in his cave.
我们打了一架,但那黑熊精说他要去吃午饭,然后就躲在洞里不出来了。
I kicked the door and yelled insults at him for more than an hour. But he wouldn't come out. You must help me."
我踢门,叫骂了一个多小时了,但他就是不出来。你必须帮帮我。”
Guanyin sighed. "The Tang Monk should not have shown that robe to the priest," she said.
观音菩萨叹了口气。“唐僧不应该把那袈裟给和尚看的。”她说,
"The robe is a Buddhist treasure. When other people see it, they will want it.
“袈裟是佛祖的宝贝。其他人看到了,自然会想要。
And as that head priest tried to do, they might harm the Tang Monk."
当住持想要得到袈裟时,就很可能会伤害唐僧。”
"I agree," said Wukong. "I've told the Tang Monk many times not to do dumb things. But still he—"
“我同意。”悟空说,“我告诉过唐僧很多次不要做傻事,但他还是......”
"And you should have put out that fire," Guanyin said, interrupting Wukong. "What you did was terrible!"
“你应该把火扑灭的。”观音菩萨说。她的话打断了悟空:“你做的太不好了!”
Wukong looked at the ground. He kicked a pebble. "I know," he mumbled.
悟空看着地面。他抬脚踢了一下地上的小石头。“我知道。”他咕哝着说。
"I'll help you get back the robe," said Guanyin. "Let's go."
“我会帮你拿回袈裟的。”观音菩萨说,“我们走吧。”
Wukong and Guanyin soared over the ocean. Soon they landed on the mountain.
悟空和观音菩萨飞过了大海。很快,他们就落在了山上。
"Where is the Black Wind King's cave?" asked Guanyin.
“那黑风王的岩洞在哪里?”观音菩萨问。
"It's close," said Wukong. "We should sneak up to it."
“就在附近。”悟空说,“我们悄悄地过去。”
They heard footsteps coming closer. Wukong and Guanyin hid as a Daoist priest walked along the path.
他们听到一阵脚步声朝自己走了过来。悟空和观音菩萨躲了起来。一个道士沿着小路走了过来。
The priest was holding a tray. A bright purple pill sat on the tray.
那道士拿着一个盘子。盘子里有一个闪闪发光的紫色药丸。
The priest was talking to himself. "This is an exciting day," he said.
道士自言自语。“今天真不错。”他说,
"The Black Wind King has a new robe that is a Buddhist treasure.
“黑风王得到了一件新袈裟,那可是佛祖的宝贝。
And I hope he likes the pill I made for him. It will make him live forever."
我希望他喜欢我给他制的这药丸。这会让他长生不老的。”
Wukong stared at the priest, using his magic sight.
悟空用他的火眼金睛盯了那道士一会儿。
"That's not a priest!" Wukong realized. "It's a wolf spirit dressed as a priest."
“那不是道士。”悟空意识到,“那是只狼精打扮成的道士。”
The monkey's eyes lit up. "I have an idea, Bodhisattva!"
悟空的眼睛一亮。“我有主意了,观音菩萨!”
A little while later, the priest stood before the Black Wind King's cave door. He knocked and the door flew open.
过了一小会儿,那道士站在了黑风王的洞穴面前。他敲了敲门,洞门打开了。
"Are you still here, you little monkey?" shouted the Black Wind King.
“你怎么还在这儿,小猴儿?”黑风王喊道。
Then he saw the priest and smiled. "Oh, it's you, my old friend! Sorry for yelling.
当他看到那道士时,他笑了:“哦, 是你啊,我的老朋友!抱歉对你大吼大叫了。
A pesky monkey spirit was here a little while ago." He looked around. "I guess he's gone."
有只讨厌的猴精刚才在这里待了一会儿。”他看了看四周:“我想他是走了。”
"A monkey spirit was here?" asked the priest.
“这里有只猴精?”道士问。
"Yes," said the bear. "He kept banging on my door and yelling at me. He was very rude."
“是的!”黑熊说,“他一直在敲我的门,对我大喊大叫。他太无礼了。”
The Black Wind King patted the priest on the shoulder. "But let's not talk about him. It's good to see you. How have you been?"
黑风王拍了拍道士的肩膀。“我们现在不谈他了。很高兴见到你。你最近怎么样?”
"I'm well," said the priest. "I brought you a gift, to celebrate your new Buddhist treasure." He held up the tray with the pill.
“我很好。”道士说,“我给你带了个礼物,庆祝你新得到的佛祖宝贝。”他举起了那个装着药丸的盘子。
The Black Wind King looked interested. "What kind of pill is that?"
黑风王看上去很感兴趣:“这是什么药丸?”
"It is a very special pill," said the priest with a smile. "I made it just for you. It will make you live forever."
“这药丸十分特别。”道士微笑着说,“我专门为你制作的。它可以让你长生不老。”
The Black Wind King stroked his chin. "You know, I was just thinking this morning that I would like to live forever."
黑风王摸着自己的下巴。“是啊。我今天早上还在想,我要长生不老。”
The bear picked up the pill and opened his mouth wide. As he brought the pill up to his mouth, the pill wiggled.
黑熊精拿起药丸,嘴巴张得大大的。他刚要把药丸放进嘴里,那药丸动了动。
"Huh? Did the pill just—"
“嗯?这药丸刚刚......”
But before the Black Wind King could finish speaking, the pill hopped off his hand.
黑风王的话还没说完,那药丸就从他手里跳了出去。
It shot into his mouth and slid down his throat.
药丸冲进了黑熊精的嘴里,顺着他的喉咙滚了下去。
Gulp!
咕咚!