Hi,John! Where are you off to?
嗨,约翰!你要去哪里?
I'm going to the store to pick up some food.
我要去商店买些食物。
I invited my brother for a visit.
我邀请了我的兄弟来家中拜访。
I will host him and his wife over the weekend.
我将在周末接待他和他的妻子。
Oh, great! You know that makes me think about having guests!
哦,太棒了!你知道吗,这让我想到了接待客人!
When we “invite” someone, we ask them to spend time with us socially, or to come to an event.
当我们“invite”某人时,我们会请他们与我们共度社交时光,或一起参加某个活动。
"Invite" can also be a noun. It is a request to take part in an event or to be present.
“invite”也可以是一个名词。表示一种参加活动或出席的请求。
It is the shorter, informal version of the noun "invitation".
它是名词“invitation”的较短的、非正式的表达。
I sent him an invite by text message, and he replied "yes."
我通过短信向他发送了邀请,他回复了“好的”。
We can combine different propositions like "along," "back" "in" and "over" with the verb "invite" to get more specific meanings from the bass verb.
我们可以将不同的介词,如“along”“back”“in”和“over”与动词“invite”结合起来,从基础动词中获得更具体的含义。
For example, "to invite over" means to invite someone to your house.
例如,“to invite over”的意思是邀请某人到你家。
This may be a formal event, but often it can be informal such as for drinks or to have a meal.
这可能是一个正式的活动,但通常也可以是非正式的,比如一起喝饮料或吃饭。
Or "invite along" means that you ask someone to go with you somewhere or to do something with you, especially if you have already made plans.
“invite along”意味着你邀请某人与你一起去某个地方或与你一起做某事,尤其是指你已经提前制定了计划的情况。
Just like "invite", the word visit can be two parts of speech.
就像“invite”一样,“visit”这个词也可以是两种词性。
The verb form means that you go see someone and spend time with them.
动词形式意味着你去看望某人并与他们共度时光。
Tom plans to visit his mother next month.
汤姆计划下个月去看望他的母亲。
As a noun, a "visit" means the act of spending time with someone, especially at their home.
作为名词,“visit”指的是与某人共度时光的行为,尤其是在家里。
We often use it with the verb "pay."
我们经常将它和动词“pay”一起使用。
I'll pay her a visit next week when I have the time.
我下周有时间的时候会去拜访她。
And that's Everyday Grammar TV.
这就是本期的每日语法电视节目。