Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Shadows on the ground change throughout the day.
地面上的阴影在一天中不断变化。
But what does five o'clock shadow mean as an idiom?
但是作为一个习语,五点钟阴影是什么意思呢?
Let's listen.
让我们听。
Whoa, Dan! Nice beard!
哇,丹!漂亮的胡子!
I shaved this morning!
我今天早上刮胡子了!
But I've been dringing this new spinach juice and now my facial hair grows like crazy.
但我一直在喝这种新菠菜汁现在我的胡子长得快疯了。
That is your five o'clock shadow?
那是你的胡须楂儿?
Wow.
哇。
I think I just need to stop shaving and grow a beard.
我想我应该停止刮胡子,留胡子了
Um, you already have one, my friend.
你已经有一个了,朋友。
Five o'clock shadow is used to describe beard growth that happens between a morning shave and later in the day.
“五点钟阴影”用来形容从早上刮胡子到晚些时候的胡子生长情况。
It is normal to have hair regrowth throughout the day.
头发在一天中再生是正常的。
But in Dan's case, he might want to check the ingredients in his spinach juice.
但在丹的情况下,他可能想检查一下菠菜汁的成分。