手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

恐龙生活在什么时期?(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Next is Dino, the cuckoo bird.

接下来是杜鹃鸟迪诺。

Hey there!

嘿,这里!

Squeaks and I are here with our friend Dino.

吱吱和我,还有我们的朋友迪诺在一起。

And our library just got a new book that has pictures of all the different kinds of dinosaurs that used to live on earth.

我们的图书馆刚刚收到一本新书,里面有曾经生活在地球上的所有不同种类恐龙的照片。

And it tells a little about them too, like what they ate.

这本书还透露了一些关于他们的信息,比如他们吃了什么。

This page says that some dinosaurs like Stigosaurus and Triceratops ate plants.

这一页说一些恐龙,如剑龙和三角龙以植物为食。

So I was thinking that they must have been friends who hit up the salad bar together.

所以我想他们一定是一起去沙拉吧的朋友。

Er....Dino.

呃...迪诺

But they definitely weren't friends with the meat eaters like Allosaurus and T Rex.

但它们绝对不是异特龙和霸王龙等食肉动物的朋友。

I bet they had amazing Dinosaur races as they ran to catch the best food.

我敢打赌,他们在奔跑捕捉最美味食物的过程中,一定进行了精彩的恐龙赛跑。

Dino?

迪诺?

Ye, yes, Jesse.

是,是的,杰西。

What do you think?

你怎么看?

I think that it's fun to imagine what these animals might have done if they'd met.

我认为想象这些动物如果相遇会做什么是很有趣的。

And I also think we need to remember that stegosaurs and triceratops weren't around at the same time.

我还认为我们需要记住,剑龙和三角龙并不同时存在于一个时期。

Wait, wait, what?

等等,等等,什么?

Hmm. I'm sorry Dino, but the same is true for allosaurs and T Rex.

嗯,我很抱歉,迪诺。但异形龙和霸王龙也是如此。

These dinosaurs live in different times from one another.

这些恐龙生活在不同的时代。

I don't get it.

我还是不明白。

They all lived back at the time of the dinosaurs, right?

他们都生活在恐龙时代,对吗?

Yep, you're right about that.

是的,这一点你是对的。

But the time of the dinosaurs was a very long time.

但是恐龙生活的时间是很长的。

It lasted millions of years, so all dinosaurs didn't live at the same time.

它持续了数百万年,所以恐龙都不生活在同一时期。

Oh,good point squeaks.

哦,好主意,吱吱。

We build a pretend time machine to imagine what it would be like to travel back in time and see living things from the past.

我们建造了一台假想的时光机,想象着回到过去,看到过去的生物会是什么样子。

But to see all of these dinosaurs, we would have to make more than one trip.

但要看到所有这些恐龙,我们必须进行不止一次旅行。

So, if we took your time machine back to the time the dinosaurs, we'd actually have to go to lots of different times.

因此,如果我们用时光机回到恐龙时代,我们实际上必须去很多不同的时间。

Exactly, scientists divide Dinosaur time into three parts, called periods.

准确地说,科学家将恐龙的生存时间划分为三个部分,称为周期。

There's the Triassic period which started over 200 million years ago, some small dinosaurs like Elraptor lived there.

一个三叠纪,始于2亿多年前,一些小型恐龙,如迅猛龙,生活在那段时间。

Next came the Jurassic period, Allosaurus and Stegosaurus were alive during this period.

接下来是侏罗纪时期,异特龙和剑龙都活在这一时期。

The Jurassic period lasted over 50 million years.

侏罗纪时期持续了5000多万年。

It was after that that dinosaurs like Triceratops and T Rex came along in a time called their Cretaceous period.

就在那之后,三角龙和霸王龙等恐龙出现在一个被称为白垩纪的时代。

Oh, you're right, squeaks.

哦,你说得对,吱吱。

It can be pretty hard to think about long periods of time like that.

这么长一段时间,很难想象。

But I have an idea.

但我有个主意。

We can use to show how long ago dinosaurs lived.

我们可以用它来说明恐龙生活在多久以前。

We can use our bodies as a model.

我们可以用我们的身体作为模型。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
pretend [pri'tend]

想一想再看

v. 假装,装作
adj. 假装的

联想记忆
cuckoo ['kuku:]

想一想再看

n. 杜鹃,布谷鸟,咕咕声
n. 傻子,疯子<

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。