手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 你的厨艺弱爆了 > 正文

把玉米棒做成排骨味

来源:可可英语 编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Haters are gonna say it's fake, that you can't make real ribs out of fake corn.

杠精们会说这是假的,你不能用假玉米做真正的排骨。

But little do they know that ribs and corn are both made up of the exact same thing: cells.

但他们不知道,排骨和玉米都是由完全相同的东西组成的:细胞。

We're gonna start by harvesting some common bone-in tree corn.

首先去采摘一些常见的带骨头的树上长的玉米。

And husking the husks off until they're thoroughly husked.

然后扒掉玉米皮,直到玉米皮完全扒干净为止。

If you're not strong enough, you can get someone a little more husky to do the husking, or you can just shuck it.

如果你不够强壮,你可以找一个更强壮的人来帮你,或者把它扔了算了。

Now you can throw out those husks if you like wasting things, or you can make a nice opaque window decoration.

如果你喜欢浪费东西,你可以把玉米皮扔掉,或者你也可以做一个漂亮的不透明的窗户装饰。

If you've got self-shucking corn, congratulations on being rich.

如果你有能自动剥皮的玉米,那么祝贺你,你真有钱。

Now we're gonna cut the corn, which is the most challenging part of this.

现在来切玉米,这是最具挑战性的环节。

Okay, so that one was a little brittle.

好的,这个玉米太容易碎了。

Try to be careful.

小心点切。

I'm gonna cut the top and bottom off to make it flat.

先把它的顶部和底部都切掉,把它弄平。

Then slice from the top and gently rock it until it splits in two.

然后从上往下切开,同时轻轻摇动,直到玉米变成两半。

Take your time, keep your hands above the blade and also your feet, ankles, elbows, and spleen.

慢慢来,双手放在刀刃上方,双手也要放在脚、脚踝、肘部和脾脏上方。

Then we'll slowly and painstakingly slice across the cob.

然后我们缓慢而艰难地把玉米棒切开。

You can also use a pair of scissors to cut across, which sort of works but not really.

你也可以用剪刀剪,这样有一点用,但用处不大。

But if you just use a bit of the knife at a time, it's way easier than trying to cut the whole thing at once

如果你一次只把刀切进去一点,要比一次切开整根玉米容易得多,

unless you have experience cutting through drywall with a chef's knife.

除非你有用菜刀切石膏板的经验。

But the easiest way is to just throw the corn against the wall.

但最简单的方法就是把玉米扔到墙上。

And once those are cut, you should be able to assemble a nice-looking ribcage.

切完玉米,你就可以用玉米拼一个漂亮的胸腔图了。

Now we'll make our dry rub.

现在做干抹料。

I've got a teaspoon of smoked paprika, a teaspoon of garlic powder, some salt, some pepper pepper pepper, and we'll wang-jangle that together.

加入一勺烟熏辣椒粉,一勺大蒜粉,一些盐,一些胡椒,把它们搅拌均匀。

Then turn it into a wet rub by adding a tablespoon of melted butter.

然后加入一勺融化的黄油,干抹料就变成湿抹料的了。

Then give it another quick jangle.

然后再迅速搅拌。

Then we'll paint the corn ribs like we're an artist using the worst canvas of all time.

然后把抹料涂在玉米上,就像一个画家在史上最差的帆布上画画一样。

Now we're going to barbecue these in the fireless indoor barbecue, which is preheated to 3 fundo for around 25 minutes.

现在把玉米放在室内无火烧烤架上烤一下,烤架已经预热到300度,烤大约25分钟。

While that's cooking, we'll make the dipping sauce.

等它烤着,我们来做蘸酱。

I'm going with this French sauce called mayonnaise with a bit of hot sauce.

我要用一种叫蛋黄酱的法国酱,再加一点辣椒酱。

Then wang-jangling that together.

然后搅和均匀。

Now while we may be making corn ribs, did you know that you can also grow your own rib corn?

虽然我们可能在做玉米排骨,但你知道吗,你也可以自己种排骨玉米。

That's some good corn.

这玉米真好吃。

We're gonna get these out of the barbecue.

现在把玉米从烧烤架上拿出来。

Man, it smells like ribs in here.

兄弟,闻起来和排骨一毛一样。

All right now the moment of truth.

好了,现在是真相时刻。

Can you actually tell the difference between corn ribs and non-plant-based ribs?

你真的能区分玉米排骨和非植物基排骨吗?

Gonna throw on this blindfold and thoroughly mix these up.

我要戴上眼罩,然后把它们混在一起。

Okay so that tastes like ribs.

好的,这个尝起来像排骨。

That also tastes like ribs.

这个尝起来也像排骨。

Okay it's very close, but I'm pretty sure it's this one.

两个味道很接近,但我确定排骨是这个。

That's crazy.

太疯狂了。

By the way, did you know that with corn ribs you can eat both the corn and the cob?

顺便问一下,你知道玉米排骨的玉米粒和玉米棒都能吃吗?

Just kidding. That's like eating corkboard.

开个玩笑,像吃软木板一样。

Well, there you have it.

好了,这就是玉米排骨。

Tune in next week when I make corn dogs, corn chicken, and corn sausages.

记得关注,下周我会做玉米热狗、玉米鸡肉和玉米香肠。

They try to tell you that they are not real things.

他们想要告诉你,他们不是真实的。

You can tell them nothing really exists because it's all an illusion.

你可以告诉他们,没有什么真的存在,因为一切都是幻觉。

This physical reality may cause some concentration cause everything is energy.

物质世界吸引了我们的注意力,因为一切都是能量。

Don't get disillusioned just because you don't exist.

不要因为你不存在就感到幻灭。

Take a breath and relax. Kick back and enjoy some sips.

深呼吸,放松,放松,不妨小酌几杯。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
decoration [.dekə'reiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 装饰,装饰品

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
blade [bleid]

想一想再看

n. 刀锋,刀口

 
melted [meltid]

想一想再看

adj. 融化的;溶解的 v. 融化;溶解(melt的过

 
chef [ʃef]

想一想再看

n. 厨师,主厨

联想记忆
disillusioned [.disi'lu:ʒənd]

想一想再看

adj. 不再抱幻想的,大失所望的,幻想破灭的 动词di

 
cob [kɔb]

想一想再看

n. 雄天鹅;玉米穗轴;结实的矮脚马;[英]圆块 vt.

联想记忆
assemble [ə'sembl]

想一想再看

vt. 聚集,集合,装配
vi. 集合,聚集

联想记忆
powder ['paudə]

想一想再看

n. 粉,粉末,细雪,火药
vt. 洒粉于,使

 
painstakingly

想一想再看

adv. 煞费苦心地;费力地

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 超蓬松的空气感煎饼 2024-03-29
  • 不用烤箱的牛轧糖 2024-04-05
  • 巧克力香草坚果冰淇淋 2024-04-12
  • 让人闭嘴的牛排三明治 2024-04-19
  • 培根香醋烤小圆白菜 2024-04-26
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。