Even though it's called an eel, this is just a really long fish!
虽然它被称为鳗,但其实它只是一条很长的鱼!
My daddy was a long fish. I see!
我爸爸是个长条形的鱼。我知道!
My granddaddy was a long fish. Right!
我爷爷是个长条形的鱼。没错!
My great great-granddaddy was...
我的曾曾祖父是...
I think I get the idea. They live in these general areas around the northern Pacific Ocean.
可以了,我知道了。它们生活在北太平洋周围的这些区域。
Mostly among rocky reefs and kelp forests, where these nasty spiky sea urchins can be a terrible pest because they eat all the kelp!
主要是在礁石和海带森林中,在这里,讨厌的带刺海胆可能会是一个可怕的害虫,因为它们会吃掉所有的海带!
That's where the wolf eel comes in! This 7-foot long fish is really an exceptional predator.
这时就该狼鳗登场了!这种7英尺长的鱼可谓是优秀的捕食者。
They have a powerful set of jaws made just for the job of eating sea urchins! Check out those sharp teeth!
它们有一副有力的下颚,专门用来吃海胆!看看那些锋利的牙齿吧!
Mmm, delish!
嗯,真可口!
Ouch, that must have hurt!
哎哟,那一定很痛!
Oh yeah!
噢,是的!
So they love sea urchins, obvies, but they also eat crabs and other crunchy stuff too!
显然,它们喜欢海胆,但它们也吃螃蟹和其他脆的东西!
Hey, leave my friend alone!
嘿,离我的朋友远点!
So I picked up our movie tickets today and ohhh-arrghhh... goodbye Cynthia!
我今天带了我们的电影票,然后...再见了辛西娅!
Jeremy, no!
杰里米,不!
Uh, but underneath it all, the wolf eel is really a gentle giant and a true romantic.
但在这一切背后,狼鳗其实是一个温柔的巨人,一个真正的浪漫主义者。
Hello, I'm Barbara, and I saw you on fishbook.
你好,我是芭芭拉,我在鱼类书籍上看到你了。
Great, wanna see my man-cave?
太好了,想看看我的男人窝吗!
A male and female wolf eel are very loyal and often stay together for a long time.
雄性和雌性狼鳗非常忠诚,经常在一起呆很长时间。
They like to spend their days in little nooks and crannies like these...
它们喜欢在像这样的小角落和缝隙里过日子。
So I said, "Really, doctor, how did you know I'd been 'eel'?"
于是我说:“真的吗,医生,你怎么知道我是‘鳗鱼’?”
Never tell that joke again!
别再讲那个笑话了!
They might have a face only a mother can love, but the wolf eel is really quite an "amazing animal"!
狼鳗的脸可能只有妈妈才会喜欢,但它们确实是一种“神奇的动物”!