Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
In baseball, a pinch hitter replaces a batter in the lineup.
在棒球比赛中,一名代打球员是指代替阵容中的击球手。
Are Anna and Dan starting a baseball team?
安娜和丹是要组建棒球队吗?
Dan! Did you notice something different?
丹!你注意到什么不同了吗?
You're wearing a new shirt.
你穿了件新衬衫。
No, Dan. I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about our show.
不是的,丹。我不是在说我自己。我说的是我们的节目。
What's different?
有什么不同吗?
Caty is pinch hitting for Ashley as host! But I am wearing a new shirt.
卡蒂代替阿什莉当主持人了!不过我也确实穿了一件新衬衫。
A "pinch hitter" replaces another player at bat during a critical point in a baseball game.
在棒球比赛的关键时刻,“代打球员”会代替另一名球员进行击球。
But it also means to substitute for someone, especially in an emergency.
但这个短语也有代替某人的意思,尤其是在紧急情况下。
You can pinch hit for someone in your personal life or at work.
在个人生活或工作中,你都可以代替下别人。