手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 你的厨艺弱爆了 > 正文

天气渐凉, 来份炖牛肉吧

来源:可可英语 编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Summer has a way of making us forget about winter.

夏天能让我们忘记冬天。

And autumm has a way of tricking us with its beauty into thinking that it's alright to stick around.

而秋天能用它的美景来迷惑我们,让我们觉得停留在此刻就很好。

As winter's death grip starts closing all around us, we're going to have to find our way through.

等到冬天的凛冽之气逐渐向我们逼近,我们将不得不找寻度过冬天的办法。

And that starts with a hot bowl of stew.

首先从一碗热腾腾的炖肉开始。

You're going to need some root vegetables.

需要一些根茎类蔬菜。

Root vegetables have spent their entire life surrounded by dirt, so you're going to have to scrub them very thoroughly.

根茎类蔬菜一生都被泥土包裹着,所以必须非常彻底地把泥土擦洗干净。

Give them some final tender moments in exchange for nourishing you.

它们为你提供了营养,所以你给它们一些最后的温情。

And season them with some Epsom salts.

还可以给它们抹上泄盐。

And you're going to need some beef.

还需要一些牛肉。

Beef has spent its entire life surrounded by a cow.

牛肉的一生都被一头牛包裹着。

But cows are notoriously clean due to their all vegetable diet, so you can skip this step.

但众所周知,牛非常干净,因为牛吃的都是素食,所以你可以跳过这一步。

Chop up your beef into bite-sized pieces.

把牛肉切成一口吃得下的小块。

I've never done this, so don't make fun of me.

我从没切过肉,所以不要笑话我。

This is stewing beef. We're making cubes. You know, like beef dice. Snake eyes!

要做炖牛肉,所以把牛肉切成立方体,就像牛肉骰子一样。两个一点!

Put some vegetable oil in.

倒入一些植物油。

A little bit of beef broth.

倒入一点牛肉汤。

And we're going to sear this.

然后稍微把肉煎一下。

When you sear it on all sides, it creates this dark crust kind of thing.

把肉块的每一个面都煎一下,就会有一种深色的焦皮。

Apparently it tastes better than if you don't do that.

显然,煎一下比不煎要更好吃。

The problem with this is that I don't know what I'm doing.

问题是我不知道要怎么煎。

I think I really messed up the searing by putting in too much liquid, so I'm going to put in the beef broth and let this simmer on low.

估计是我汤倒多了,让肉煎不成了,所以干脆再倒些牛肉汤,用小火慢慢煮。

Great.

很棒。

Onion metaphor. I'm so deep.

洋葱的比喻。我是如此深沉。

Now, there's no law saying you have to sauté your onions first, but it'll taste better if you do!

没有法律规定必须先炒洋葱,但炒一下的话味道会更好!

Sauté.

炒一炒。

And they said flavor doesn't have a color.

据说味道是没有颜色的。

Let's get these onions in here.

把洋葱倒进去。

Now we're going to put the everything else in.

现在把其他东西都放进去。

Carrots are going in, potatoes going in, salt, pepper pepper pepper, and a bit of Dijon mustard. Shout out to Katie's mom.

胡萝卜放进去,土豆放进去,盐,胡椒胡椒胡椒,还有一点第戎芥末。感谢凯蒂的妈妈。

A lot of people put flour in to thicken it, and I'm going to see if I can get away with it.

很多人会加面粉,让汤变浓稠一点,我想看看能不能不加面粉。

Then just let that simmer on low for 2 to 3 months.

然后让它炖个2到3个月。

This is a good time to get your jacket from last year that you haven't worn yet, and just empty out the pockets and make sure there isn't anything in there that you don't want to be carrying around with you.

现在正好把你去年还没有穿过的外套拿出来,掏一下口袋,确保里面没有你不想随身携带的东西。

And if your pockets are full, it means you haven't washed your jacket since last year, so no reason to start now.

如果口袋里塞满了东西,说明你从去年起就没有洗过外套,所以现在也不必开始洗。

Dear Erica, I'm not sure I'll have the guts to give this to you. Do you believe in ghosts?

亲爱的爱丽卡,我不确定我有没有勇气把这个给你。你相信有鬼吗?

More pepper. And I'm going to add a bay leaf into this.

再来点胡椒。我还要加一片香叶。

F**k it, I'm going to spice it up a bit.

管他的,我要加点辣椒酱。

I added in a little bit of thyme and oregano, we're getting pretty close here.

我又加了一点百里香和牛至,这样就差不多了。

So these frozen peas really just need to be warmed up.

这些冷冻豌豆只需要加热一下。

If you put them in too soon, they'll fall apart.

太早放进去,会全都煮化。

Now, you're going to want to eat you beef stew in front of a nice, cozy fire.

吃炖牛肉当然要在暖融融的火堆前吃。

If you don't have a working fireplace, simply take some tissue paper, arrange it all flamey.

如果你没有可以烧火的壁炉,只需要拿一些纸巾,把它们摆成火苗的样子。

Turn your fan on.

然后打开风扇。

Now, all that's left is the soothing crackling of the flames.

现在,只需要再来点惬意的烧木头的噼啪声。

I love eating stew with bread and butter.

我喜欢吃炖肉的时候配上面包和黄油。

Some people have it on noodles, or if you just pour it right on top of a piece of bread and butter, and eat it with a knife and fork.

有些人会把炖肉放在面条上,也可以直接倒在一片面包和黄油上,然后用刀叉吃。

And that's basically how you get though winter, especially a winter that looks like it's gonna last for four years.

基本上冬天就这么过,特别是这个冬天仿佛要持续四年。

You Suck at Cooking Oh my God...You. You Suck at Cooking Oh my God...You.

你的厨艺弱爆了,你啊。你的厨艺弱爆了,你啊。

You Suck at Cooking Oh my God...You.

你的厨艺弱爆了,你啊。

You Suck, So Much.

弱爆了,弱爆了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 
tender ['tendə]

想一想再看

adj. 温柔的,嫩的,脆弱的 ,亲切的,敏感的,未成熟

联想记忆
tissue ['tiʃu:]

想一想再看

n. (生物的)组织,织物,薄绢,纸巾

 
sear [siə]

想一想再看

adj. 枯萎的,烤焦的 n. 烤焦的痕迹 vt. 使

联想记忆
spice [spais]

想一想再看

n. 药料,香料,情趣
vt. 用香料调味

联想记忆
notoriously [nəu'tɔ:riəsli]

想一想再看

adv. 臭名昭著地,众所周知地

 
cow [kau]

想一想再看

n. 母牛,母兽
vt. 恐吓

 
metaphor ['metəfə]

想一想再看

n. 隐喻,暗喻

联想记忆
exchange [iks'tʃeindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 交换,兑换,交易所
v. 交换,兑换,交

 
arrange [ə'reindʒ]

想一想再看

vt. 安排,整理,计划,改编(乐曲)
vi.

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。