Edwin Land of Polaroid talked about the intersection of the humanities and science.
宝丽来的埃德温·兰德曾谈到人文与科学的交集。
I like that intersection. There's something magical about that place.
我喜欢那个交集。那里有种魔力。
There are a lot of people innovating, and that' s not the main distinction of my career.
有很多人在创新,但那并不是我事业最主要的与众不同之处。
The reason Apple resonates with people is that there's a deep current of humanity in our innovation.
苹果之所以能与人们产生共鸣,是因为在我们的创新中深藏着一种人文精神。
I think great artists and great engineers are similar, in that they both have a desire to express themselves.
我认为伟大的艺术家和伟大的工程师是相似的,他们都有自我表达的欲望。
In fact some of the best people working on the original Mac were poets and musicians on the side.
事实上最早做Mac的最优秀的人里,有些人同时也是诗人和音乐家。
In the seventies computers became a way for people to express their creativity.
在20世纪70年代,计算机成为人们表现创造力的一种方式。
Great artists like Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo were also great at science.
一些伟大的艺术家,像列奥纳多·达·芬奇和米开朗基罗,同时也是伟大的科学家。
Michelangelo knew a lot about how to quarry stone, not just how to be a sculptor.
米开朗基罗懂很多关于采石的知识,他不是只知道如何雕塑。
People pay us to integrate things for them, because they don't have the time to think about this stuff 24/7.
人们付我们钱去为他们整合东西,因为他们不能7天24小时地去想这些。
If you have an extreme passion for producing great products,
如果你对生产伟大的产品有极大的激情,
it pushes you to be integrated, to connect your hardware and your software and content management.
它会推着你去追求一体化,去把你的硬件、软件以及内容管理都整合在一起。
You want to break new ground, so you have to do it yourself.
你想开辟新的领域,就必须自己来做。
If you want to allow your products to be open to other hardware or software, you have to give up some of your vision.
如果你想让产品对其他硬件或软件开放,你就只能放弃一些愿景。
At different times in the past, there were companies that exemplified Silicon Valley.
在过去不同的时代,不同的公司成为了硅谷的典范。
It was HewlettPackard for a long time. Then, in the semiconductor era, it was Fairchild and Intel.
很长一段时间里,这个公司都是惠普。后来,在半导体时代,是仙童和微软。
I think that it was Apple for a while, and then that faded.
我想有一段时间是苹果,后来没落了。
And then today, I think it's Apple and Google -- and a little more so Apple.
而今天,我认为是苹果和谷歌--芊果更多一些。
I think Apple has stood the test of time. It's been around for a while, but it's still at the cutting edge of what's going on.
我想苹果已经经受住了时间的检验。它已经存在了很长一段时间,但它仍然走在时代的前沿。