Candied walnuts, also known as cand nuts.
蜜糖核桃又称核桃糖。
Combine the best of walnuts in the worst of candy, which will leave you feeling so conflicted you'll wish you had just made a glass of water.
把最好的核桃和最差的糖混在一起,这会让你感到非常矛盾,你会希望不如最后做出来一杯水。
You suck at cooking, yeah you totally suck.
你的厨艺弱爆了,完全弱爆了。
You're gonna need 1 cup of walnut pieces, 1/3 cup of sugar and some salt.
你需要1杯核桃,三分之一杯糖和一些盐。
We're gonna start by pan toasting these bad boys in a nonstick skillet on medium heat for a few minutes.
首先用不粘的平底锅开中火把这些家伙烤几分钟。
If you decide to use walnut halves like a hot shot, notice how they look like a sort of prehistoric butterfly,
如果你决定用这种一半的核桃瓣,注意看它们多像一只史前蝴蝶,
and ask yourself if they would have hatched and flown around if you hadn't been so selfish and ate them.
那么问问你自己,如果你没有这么自私地吃掉它们,它们会不会孵化成蝴蝶然后到处飞舞。
Once those are nearly toasted, slide them onto a parchment paper pan to cool.
等核桃差不多烤好了,把它们倒到羊皮纸上冷却。
Now you're gonna take the sugar. No, I mean yes.
现在拿一些糖。不,我是说没错。
Spread the sugar around on the floor to get into the winter spirit.
把糖撒在地板上,制造一些冬日的气息。
Then grab another better 1/3 cup of sugar and put that into your freshly rinsed pan on medium heat.
然后再拿更好的1/3杯糖,把糖放进刚刚清洗过的平底锅里,用中火加热。
You'll notice it starts to melt really quickly and that's because sugar is a liquid which at room temperature is ice.
你会注意到糖很快就开始融化,这是因为糖是一种液体,在室温下就是冰。
You're going to gently wanjangle that, breaking up the clumps until it's all melted.
轻轻地搅拌,把糖块弄碎,直到全部融化。
It's gonna smoke a bit and you're gonna resist the temptation to stop, drop and roll.
它会冒一点烟,你要忍住冲动,不要丢下铲子就跑。
Instead you're gonna stay stir and that's it. Stay and stir.
相反,你要面不改色地搅拌,就是这样,继续搅拌。
Once the sugar gets to the zanzibar color, you're ready to add the walnuts, which you do by adding the walnuts.
等到糖变成桑给巴尔色,就可以加入核桃了,直接倒进去就行。
Now this is not the time to dawdle.
现在不是拖拖拉拉的时候。
We're quickly but safely.
下手要快且准。
Don't miss the pan by a mile and get them nicely coated.
不要铲到锅外,让核桃均匀粘上糖浆。
Move them to the parchment paper pan and use two forks to separate them.
把核桃倒到羊皮纸上,用两个叉子把它们分开。
Or f* this system. And you can let them harden into one big candied walnut lolly rock-sickle.
或者去他的,让它凝结成一整块蜜糖核桃棒棒糖冰棍。
Mmm. Don't worry about the fact that the caramel is hardening like cement on your wanjangler. That's why we have hammers.
嗯。别担心铲子上的焦糖会变得像水泥一样硬。所以才要有锤子呀。
Now work quickly. That sugar is turning back into ice and there's no time to spare.
快快行动起来。糖正在重新变成冰,没有多余的时间了。
Now sprinkle on some salt and it's crucial that you:
现在撒上一些盐,关键是你要:
A. wash your windows (gross), and B. let the nuts harden under diffused winter sunlight rather than that fake light from modern bulbs that's made of chemical beams.
首先把窗户擦干净(恶心的窗户),其次让核桃在漫射的冬日阳光下变硬,而不是用现代灯泡发出的充满化学物质的假光线。
If you're gonna give these as a holiday gift, make a nice label and give the walnuts a ride on the parchment paper Express.
如果你打算把核桃作为节日礼物送人,那就做一个漂亮的标签,然后用羊皮纸快递把核桃输送进去。
Ah, okay. So now I have two messes to clean up.
啊,好吧。所以现在我有两个烂摊子要收拾。
That's all right. I've got my trusty high-powered vacuum here, which has gotten me through more than one difficult situation in the house.
没关系。我有值得信赖的高功率吸尘器,它帮我在家里解决了不少麻烦。
Pimblokto?
平不洛克多?
Pimblokto, you're my best friend.
平不洛克多,你是我最好的朋友。
You're gonna have to find a place to live, Pimblokto.
你得另找个地方住,平不洛克多。
I'm so cold. I want to go...
我好冷,我想去......
Pimblokto? Have a good sleep, buddy. We had a good ride.
平不洛克多?睡个好觉吧,兄弟。我们有过美好的时光。
Holy frig.
我的老天。
You've gotta be kidding me.
你在跟我开玩笑吧。
Where are you, buddy?
你在哪,老兄?
Pimblokto, I can see you.
平不洛克多,我看到你了。
I still see you.
我还是能看到。
It doesn't matter now since I know where you are, so you can just relax if you want.
算了,反正我知道你在哪里了,你可以放松一下,如果你愿意的话。
Slipping away for a while now and you've been sneaking into the house?
你早就偷偷溜出去了,还进了房子里?
Yes.
是的。
Is it kind of like you still wanted to hang out, but you didn't know what to say?
是不是你还想和我一起玩,但你不知道该怎么开口?
Yes.
是的。
Wow Pimblokto, that's really touching.
哇,平不洛克多,这真的很感人。
Also that's definitely trespassing.
另外,这也绝对是非法侵入。
I mean I did tell you you can't stay here.
我的意思是我跟你说过你不能待在这里。
Oh, but you brought me back.
哦,但你把我带回来了。
That's true I felt guilty for like a second, but I honestly never thought you'd wake up, break into my house, creep around.
确实,有那么一秒钟我感到内疚,但老实说,我从来没有想过你会醒过来,然后闯进我的房子,在里面鬼鬼祟祟。
I just wanted to...
我只是想......
Look, I can take my share of the responsibility, like five or six percent. But just so we're 100 percent clear. Here, Let me write it down.
听着,我可以承担我那一份责任,可能就百分之五到六的责任吧。但我们要百分百搞清楚,这样,我写下来。
You can't be here. Oh.
你不能待在这里。哦。
How about a Venn diagram?
或者画个文氏图?
This is you, this is here. See how they don't intersect at all? That's how it's supposed to be.
这是你,这是这里。看到了吗?它们是完全不相交的。事情就该是这样的。
Oh, I know. Let's fill in the blanks. You blank be here. Can't. Exactly. Good.
哦,我知道了。来填空吧。你,空格,在这里。不能。回答正确,很棒。
Now on a positive note let's write out a comprehensive list of all the places you can be.
或者从积极的方面入手,我们写一张全面的清单,列出你能去的所有地方。
Not here. That's, it's a whole list, very simple, easy to remember.
这里不行。就这些,这就是完整的清单,非常简单,非常容易记住。
Oh, how about your language?
哦,或者用你的语言?
You can't be here.
你不能待在这里。
Oh wait, what about math?
哦,等等,数学呢?
You plus here equals "it just doesn't work."
你加这里等于"无效"。
Oh Pimblokto, don't be sad. You're focusing on the negative, buddy.
平不洛克多,别难过。你太关注消极的方面了,老兄。
Come on let me show you.
来吧,让我指给你看。
You can be here, you can be here, you can be here, you can be here.
你可以在这里,你可以在这里,你可以在这里,你可以在这里。
Don't you see what I've been trying to tell you, Pimblokto?
你还不明白我一直想告诉你什么吗,平不洛克多?
There's so many places you can be.
你可以去的地方太多了。
I think I understand.
我想我明白了。
I can be here. I can be here. I can be here.
我可以在这里。我可以在这里。我可以在这里。
I can be anywhere... Except here.
我可以在任何地方......除了这里。
This is the one place you cannot be.
只有这个地方你不能去。
Here, keep it. It'll help you remember next time. See ya.
这图给你,你留着吧。下次能提醒你。拜拜。
My hands feel so big.
我的手变得好大。
My feet look like wanjanglers.
我的脚看起来像搅拌器。
Hello.
你好啊。
I know what to do.
我知道要做什么了。
How the...
什么鬼......
Goodbye friend.
再见,朋友。
See ya.
再见了。