My administration approved the program from the Obama-Biden administration on income driven repayment plan.
我的政府批准了奥巴马-拜登政府提出的收入驱动还款计划。
That's what it was referred to as.
这就是它的名字。
Back then we set a limit.
那时我们设定了一个限制。
Student borrowers would pay no more than 10% of their disposable income to pay back their debt in any one month time.
学生借款人在任意一个月内偿还的债务,不能超过可支配收入的10%。
My administration is gonna reduce that to 5%.
本届政府将把这一比例降至5%。
I believe the court's decision to strike down my student debt relief program was a mistake, was wrong.
法院否决了我提出的学生债务减免计划,我相信该决定是错误的,是有毛病的。
I'm not gonna stop fighting to deliver borrowers what they need, particularly those at the bottom end of the economic scale.
我会一直为了借款人的需求而奋斗,尤其是那些处于经济底层的人。
So we need to find a new way and we're moving as fast as we can.
所以我们需要找到一种新的办法,我们在尽快行动。
First, I'm announcing today a new path consistent with today's ruling to provide student debt relief to as many borrowers as possible as quickly as possible.
首先,今天我会宣布一条与裁决一致的新途径,即尽快为尽可能多的借款人提供学生债务减免。
We will ground this new approach in a different law than my original plan, the so-called Higher Education Act.
我们将把这种新方法建立在一个不同于最初计划的法律基础上,即所谓的《高等教育法》。