手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 你的厨艺弱爆了 > 正文

教你做三款经典夏日鸡尾酒

来源:可可英语 编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Our first drink is the Paloma, a grapefruit tequila drink from Mexico.

我们要做的第一杯饮料是帕洛玛,来自墨西哥的葡萄柚龙舌兰鸡尾酒。

The classic version of this drink involves tequila and grapefruit soda. Around one part to three parts.

这种酒的经典版本里有龙舌兰酒和葡萄柚汽水,一份龙舌兰兑大概一到三份葡萄汽水。

Squeeze in some lime juice and a pinch of salt. Then garnish with a lime.

挤一些青柠檬汁,加一点点盐。再用一片青柠檬点缀一下。

The word paloma means dove in Spanish.

帕洛玛在西班牙语中的意思是鸽子。

And doves are notorious for making love atop ripe grapefruit, so I'm pretty sure that's how it gets its name.

鸽子一个很出名的特点是会操成熟的葡萄柚,所以我很确定酒的名字就是这么来的。

If you want to make a less classic Paloma, you can take a grapefruit, whoops.

如果你想做不那么经典的帕洛玛,可以拿一个葡萄柚,哎呀。

You want to keep it whole because the small grapefruit packets are too sweet on their own.

一定不要让葡萄柚散开了,因为小葡萄自己的味道太甜了。

You can tell these are farmed grapefruits; the wild ones are a much deeper red color and they're not as big.

看得出来这是人工种植的葡萄柚,野生葡萄柚是更深的红色,而且也没有这么大。

You can use a fork to get that juice out or a reamer, which is good for reaming.

可以用叉子把果汁挤出来,也可以用钻子,钻子很适合钻东西。

Use a concave wire net to catch the seeds and pulp.

用凹底铁丝网把籽和果肉过滤掉。

Take two ounces of grapefruit juice, add in two ounces of tequila,

倒入两盎司葡萄柚果汁,两盎司龙舌兰酒,

squeeze in a wedge of lime, put in a quarter ounce of simple syrup and club soda to taste and a pinch of salt.

挤一片青柠檬,倒入四分之一盎司普通糖浆,按口味喜好倒入适量苏打水,以及一点点盐。

To make simple syrup, also known as watered-down sugar, you take one part sugar to one part water.

要做普通糖浆,也叫掺水的糖,可以放入一份糖和一份水,

Melt it in a pot, then allow it to cool to room temperature

在锅里让糖溶化,然后等它降到室温。

To make complicated syrup you take one part water to two parts sugar, to 1/8 part water to two 1/32 parts water to 1/16 parts water.

要做复杂糖浆,可以放入一份水和两份糖,再加八分之一的水,两份三十二分之一的水和十六分之一的水。

You can also make homeopathic simple syrup if you put one grain of sugar inside a swimming pool.

你也可以做顺势疗法版的普通糖浆,直接把一块糖丢进泳池里就行了。

You could go with a salt rim if you don't put salt inside it and garnish with lime or a full grapefruit.

如果没有加盐,可以在杯口抹一圈盐,然后用青柠檬和一整个葡萄柚来装饰。

Make sure you clean the grapefruit first in case there's dove love-making residue on it.

一定要确保葡萄柚事先洗干净了,以免上面有鸽子之爱的残留物。

And remember that paloma has the word pal in it, which makes it a great cocktail to share with a friend.

还要记住,paloma里面有pal(朋友)这个词,表示这种酒很适合和朋友一起喝。

But not with an enemy, otherwise it would be called the Enemaloma.

但不要和敌人一起喝,不然它就叫敌洛玛了。

The Whiskey Sour was invented back in the days when you attracted a mate by puckering your lips.

威士忌酸酒被发明的时候,人们通过噘嘴来找自己的配偶。

Pucker muscles were severely underdeveloped in those times, so lemon helped many find their one true drunken love.

那个时候噘嘴的肌肉还没有发育好,所以柠檬可以帮人们噘嘴,然后找到自己酒醉的真爱。

We'll start with two ounces of bourbon, but pour it like you're not already drunk.

首先倒入两盎司波本酒,倒的时候不要像已经喝醉了一样。

One ounce of lemon sour juice and half an ounce of simple syrup.

再倒入一盎司酸柠檬汁,半盎司普通糖浆。

And then you have to decide if you want to add egg white.

然后你要决定加不加鸡蛋清。

Point: the egg white creates a creamy frothy texture that's rather enjoyable.

正方:鸡蛋清能产生奶油般的泡沫口感,喝起来挺不错。

Counterpoint: I came here to drink, not to have a whiskey omelette.

反方:我来这儿是为了喝酒,不是吃威士忌鸡蛋卷。

Point: but look how cool it looks and hear how great it tastes.

正方:但看看,加了鸡蛋清多酷啊,而且听说味道很好。

Counterpoint: I'm not interested in dying from salmonella.

反方:我可不想因为感染沙门氏菌而去世。

Point: you're being dramatic and you haven't even had a drink yet.

正方:你太夸张了,你都还没喝呢。

If you decide to go with the egg white, an easy way to de-yolkafy an egg is with a plastic bottle.

如果你决定加蛋清,分离蛋黄的一个简单办法就是用塑料瓶。

You just squeeze it out, then let it open up and suck the yolk into the bottle elevator.

把塑料瓶里的空气挤出去,然后松手,蛋黄就被吸进瓶子电梯了。

Then we'll add in a quarter ounce of egg white and then we'll do what's known as a dry shake

然后加入四分之一的蛋清,接下来的动作叫干摇。

because there's no ice in it, which is weird since all the ingredients are wet and ice is the only thing that would be dry.

因为里面没有冰块,但这个说法其实很奇怪,因为明明里面的东西都是湿的,只有冰块算是干的。

Since I don't have a shaker, I'm using a Mason jar,

因为我没有摇酒壶,所以我就用梅森玻璃罐了,

which not only gets the job done with minimal glass shards, it also makes this a single distilled Mason cocktail.

这样也能摇均匀,不会产生玻璃碴,而且还能做出单一蒸馏梅森鸡尾酒。

Now we'll throw in some ice and shake it until it's cold.

现在加入冰块,摇晃至液体都变冰凉。

Now pour that over a big ass ice cube.

然后倒在一个超大块的冰块上。

You can also use a big-ass ice cube with a chunk of yellow pepper inside it.

也可以用里面有黄色辣椒的超大块冰块。

And now I'll just give this a wanjangle with my super fancy drink stirring spoon for no reason since I already shook it.

现在我要用我的超级酷炫饮料搅拌勺来做一些无谓的搅拌,因为我已经把它摇匀了。

That creamy frothy texture is pretty small so I probably should have used more egg white.

这个奶油泡沫还是太少了,可能我当时应该多加一些蛋清。

Counterpoint: you should have used no egg white.

反方:你一开始就不该加蛋清。

Now if you want to get really fancy, you can take some smoke,

要是想做得超级酷炫,可以烧一点烟,

trap it inside a glass and then just leave it there because inhaling smoke is bad for you.

用杯子罩住,然后放在旁边不用管,因为吸烟有害健康。

Then garnish with an entire lemon if you're in a rush to find a relationship.

然后用一整个柠檬来装饰,如果你急着找对象的话。

The Bee's Knees combines the antibacterial power of gin with the antibacterial power of honey, making it the ultimate cleanse drink.

蜂之膝鸡尾酒结合了金酒的抗菌性和蜂蜜的抗菌性,因此这是一款有终极净化作用的酒。

We're gonna take two ounces of jag juice--in this case gin--try to hit the glass when you pour that.

倒两盎司酒精果汁,这里的话就是用金酒,倒的时候要对准杯子。

Then we'll add three quarters of an ounce of lemon juice and a half ounce of honey syrup,

然后加入四分之三盎司的柠檬汁和半盎司的蜂蜜糖浆,

which is just like simple syrup except it's made with honey.

蜂蜜糖浆和普通糖浆一样,只是用的是蜂蜜。

That's one part water to one part honey.

这就是一份水兑一份蜂蜜。

Now we'll give this a shake. Oh wait, I forgot I do have a shaker.

现在把它摇匀。等等,我忘了我其实有摇酒壶。

Goodbye, aunt Winnie.

再见了,维尼阿姨。

Now if you're wondering why bartenders shake drinks and shakers for a ridiculous amount of time, it's because bartenders love attention.

如果你在想为什么酒保每次要把酒摇那么长的时间,那是因为酒保喜欢吸引人的眼球,

Also it causes dilution, which makes the booze less strong since you can't handle it straight.

还有就是这样可以让酒稀释,让酒劲没那么大,因为直接喝你可能把握不住。

If you have weak arm muscles but strong hip muscles, you can always put the shaker in your belt and put on some techno.

如果你胳膊肌肉弱,但胯部肌肉强,你可以把摇酒壶绑在腰带上,然后播放动感电子舞曲。

The Bee's Knees is traditionally served in a coupe or martini glass, but I don't have and/or don't like drinking out of those glasses so I made my own.

蜂之膝一般是盛在短饮杯或者马提尼杯里,但我没有也不想用这些杯子,所以我自己做了一个。

Very good and very safe, and we'll put that in the molecule slower downer to chill it.

很漂亮,很牢固,放进分子降速器里让它冷却一下。

Then we'll garnish this with a man in the boat.

然后装饰一下,一个人坐在船里。

But do bees actually have knees? Yes, they do.

但是蜜蜂真的有膝盖吗?是的,有。

They have a knee on each of their six legs.

蜜蜂的六条腿上都有膝盖。

There are around two trillion honey bees in the world.

世界上大概有2万亿只蜜蜂。

That's 132 bees knees for every human knee on the planet, so yeah, there's bee's knees all right.

也就是说蜜蜂的膝盖是人类膝盖的132倍,所以是的,有蜂之膝这个东西。

That Bee's Knees is the cat's pajamas and it'll get you right zazzled and so ossified it'll make any wet blanket spouting apple sauce seem hotsy totsy.

这个蜂之膝尝起来像猫咪的睡衣,它会让你身体僵硬,然后让所有喷出苹果酱的湿毯子看起来非常舒服。

That's worth five clams. It's better than noodle juice and any dewdropper who says otherwise is full of bonus bolognese stuffed with horse feathers.

这酒值五个蛤蜊,比面条酱要好,哪个盲流子要是有不同意见,那他肚子里就是一团草包。

If you don't speak twenties, that means it tastes good.

你要是没有别的话说,就说明这酒味道不错。

Bee's Knees, oils please. I like it better than boiled trees.

蜂之膝,来一杯。比起煮的树叶我更爱它。

Make sure to give the glass a freeze, then give me a drink and I'll give you a squeeze, I mean.

记得把杯子冰镇好,给我一杯酒,我就会紧紧拥抱你。

Three ingredients making with these. We'll whip some up and we'll sell the seas.

三种东西做成一杯酒,我要赶紧做出一些,把大海都卖掉。

Living our life on the open breeze on a boat with Bobby's knees.

在微风中露天生活,乘一艘船,带上蜂之膝。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
handle ['hændl]

想一想再看

n. 柄,把手
v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭

联想记忆
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
dramatic [drə'mætik]

想一想再看

adj. 戏剧性的,引人注目的,给人深刻印象的

联想记忆
squeeze [skwi:z]

想一想再看

v. 压榨,挤压,塞进
n. 压榨,勒索,榨取

 
texture ['tekstʃə]

想一想再看

n. (材料等的)结构,特点,表面,基本结构

 
dilution [dai'lju:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 稀释,冲淡,股票跌价

联想记忆
molecule ['mɔlikju:l]

想一想再看

n. 分子

 
residue ['rezi.dju:]

想一想再看

n. 残渣,剩余,余数

联想记忆
ridiculous [ri'dikjuləs]

想一想再看

adj. 荒谬的,可笑的

联想记忆
planet ['plænit]

想一想再看

n. 行星

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。