Hey, Psych2goers, do you have low self-esteem?
嘿,Psych2go的观众,你自尊心很弱吗?
Your self-esteem is a culmination of your physical self-image, accomplishments, capabilities and perceived success.
你的自尊是你身体自我形象、成就、能力和感知成功的顶点。
In short, it's your opinion of yourself.
简而言之,这是你对自己的看法。
Some of us are blessed to have an environment that fosters high self-esteem, others are not so fortunate.
我们中的一些人很幸运地拥有一个培养高自尊的环境,而另一些人就没有那么幸运了。
But despite unfortunate circumstances or events, you can cultivate high self-esteem.
但是,尽管发生了不幸的情况或事件,你仍然可以培养高自尊。
Think of the protagonist who had a difficult childhood or a rough start in life.
想想主人公,他有一个艰难的童年或艰难的人生开端。
Despite the trials they faced, they were able to forge ahead.
尽管面临种种考验,他们还是能够奋勇向前。
Hopefully, these few tips can help you believe in yourself again.
希望这几个小贴士能帮助你重新相信自己。
Number one, stop comparing yourself to others.
第一,不要拿自己和别人比较。
Sometimes, comparisons can be helpful. Using them as a template for improvement can inspire you to make changes.
有时候,比较是有帮助的。比较可以激励你做出改变。
Then again, sometimes, they are a way for you to deconstruct yourself and discover all the things that you think are wrong with you.
话又说回来,有时候,比较是你解构自己的一种方式,让你发现你自己拥有一堆问题。
According to an article in psychology today written by a physician Dr Bailey, we can remind ourselves that people's outsides can't be compared to our insides.
根据贝利医生在《今日心理学》上的一篇文章,我们可以提醒自己,不能拿他人的表象与我们的内心相提并论。
This is because people can curate their social media versions of their lives and they can do the same with their public lives.
这是因为人们可以策划社交媒体上的生活,他们也可以在公共生活中做同样的事情。
You might have experienced being shocked when a couple appeared happy and solid in a relationship until one of them announced their breakup.
当一对情侣在一段关系中表现得幸福而稳固,直到其中一人宣布分手时,你可能会感到震惊。
Of course, we wish others well but remember that you don't actually know what goes on behind closed doors when their lives make you feel bad about your own.
当然,我们希望别人一切顺利,但请记住,当他们的生活让你对自己的生活感到难过时,你实际上并不知道他们关起门来会发生什么。
Number two, overcome perfectionism.
第二,克服完美主义。
I know, I know, you're just trying to do your best and work hard to achieve your goals, but how can we know if we've crossed the line?
我知道,我知道,你只是想尽你最大的努力,努力实现你的目标,但我们怎么知道我们是否太过了?
Have you been experiencing signs of procrastination, restlessness, being motivated by fear and especially low self-esteem.
你是否有过拖延症、焦躁不安、被恐惧所驱使,尤其是缺乏自尊的迹象?
Well, these are signs of a perfectionist.
嗯,这些都是完美主义者的标志。
Despite what social media tries to portray as a perfect life, creating one for yourself can lead to maladaptive rumination and deterioration of mental health.
尽管社交媒体试图描绘一种完美的生活,但为自己创造一种完美的生活可能会导致不适应的沉思和心理健康的恶化。
Instead of achieving more, you may undergo more setbacks than you desire.
你不会取得更多成就,相反,你可能会经历比你想要的更多的挫折。
According to Oregon counseling, we can take steps to overcome perfectionism through tendency awareness, allowing room for mistakes, focusing on meaning over perfectionism, and setting reasonable goals for ourselves.
根据俄勒冈州的心理咨询,我们可以通过意识到倾向、允许犯错、专注于意义而不是完美主义,以及为自己设定合理的目标来采取措施克服完美主义。
Number three, figure out what you're good at and develop it.
第三,找出自己的特长,并加以发展。
How do your abilities and self-esteem go hand in hand?
你的能力和自尊是如何齐头并进的?
Well, your sense of purpose will increase. When that happens, your self-esteem grows.
嗯,你的目标感会增强的。当这种情况发生时,你的自尊心就会增强。
When you demonstrate to yourself, your ability and competencies, when you gain deeper fulfillment, and inspire others around you, you can improve your self-esteem.
当你向展示自己、你的本领与能力时,当你获得更深的成就感,并激励你周围的人,你就可以提高你的自尊。
So how do you identify your abilities?
那么,你如何确定自己的能力呢?
Try listing down what you love, doing in your previous accomplishments.
试着把你喜欢的事情列出来,把你以前的成就写下来。
It can be daily blogging, baking, cooking or even science experiments that you did at a science fair.
可以是每天发博客、烘焙、烹饪,甚至是你在科学博览会上做的科学实验。
Diving into activities that allow you to show off or discover your talents is a start to figuring out your strengths, which bring you confidence and purpose in life.
参加那些可以让你炫耀或发现自己才华的活动,是发现你的长处的开始,这些长处会给你带来自信和人生目标。
So tell us what do you enjoy doing the most in your life.
那么告诉我们你一生中最喜欢做的事情是什么?
Come on, don't be shy.
来吧,别害羞。
Let's hear it out in the comments.
在评论区告诉我们。
And number four, focus on what you can change and the things that are in your control.
第四,把重点放在你能改变的地方和你能控制的事情上。
Dwelling on your worries can be a potent poison that whittles down your resolve.
纠结于你的担忧可能是一种强烈的毒药,会冲淡你的决心。
It can trap you in an illusion that makes you believe that progress or anything remotely positive is impossible.
它会让你陷入一种错觉,让你相信进步或任何一点积极的事情都是不可能的。
Instead of focusing on these negative thoughts, try focusing on what you can change.
与其专注于这些消极的想法,不如试着专注于你能改变的东西。
One way to overcome this is to label your thoughts as productive worry and unproductive worry, to see things from a clearer perspective.
克服这一点的一种方法是将你的想法贴上有效担忧和无效担忧的标签,从更清晰的角度看待事情。
When you know the difference between productive and unproductive worrying, you can start to manage your worries, which eventually helps you feel more confident in yourself, your choices and your abilities.
当你知道有效和无效担忧之间的区别时,你就可以开始管理你的担忧,这最终会帮助你对自己、你的选择和你的能力更有信心。
So what's the difference you may ask?
那么,你可能会问有什么不同呢?
Well to keep it simple, unproductive worry imagines all sorts of unlikely outcomes and focuses on the what-ifs and worst case scenarios without any clear solutions.
简而言之,无效担忧想象着各种不太可能的结果,专注于假设和最糟糕的情况,没有任何明确的解决方案。
While productive worry helps you solve a problem, or resolve a situation , and explores appropriate ways of finding solutions to problems.
而有效担忧会帮助你解决问题或解决情况,并探索找到问题解决方案的适当方法。
Do you think you'll try some of these tips?
你觉得你会试试这些小贴士吗?
Remember, baby steps are the way to go.
记住,循序渐进才是正确之路。
It may seem scary to start but just remember to be kind to yourself and let yourself make mistakes along the way.
一开始可能会很可怕,但请记住善待自己,让自己在过程中犯错误。
Self-esteem is necessary to move forward in life.
自尊是人生前进所必需的。
The moment you stop believing in yourself, you abandon hope of success.
一旦你不再相信自己,你就放弃了成功的希望。
So please do not give up on yourself.
所以请不要放弃自己。
If you struggle with your self-esteem, we encourage you to seek professional help.
如果你为自尊而苦苦挣扎,我们鼓励你寻求专业帮助。
It's a big deal and you deserve to believe in yourself.
这是一件大事,你应该相信自己。
If you found this video helpful, like and share it with friends that might find insight in it, too.
如果你觉得这个视频有帮助,请点赞,并与可能也会觉得很有见解的朋友分享它。
Remember to subscribe to Psych2go and hit the notification bell for more content.
别忘了订阅Psych2go,点击通知按钮,获取更多内容。
All the sources used are added in the description box below.
所有使用的资料都添加在下面的描述框中。
Thanks so much for watching until next time.
感谢收看我们的视频,下个视频见。