There’s something very very special happening to me right now that I can't even describe it.
现在有一件非常,非常特别的事发生在我身上,我甚至无法用语言形容。
These are all of my dreams come true.
这些是我所有的梦想都成真了。
To be a part of the effort of all of humanity to explore into space.
成为全人类探索太空努力的一部分。
Mum look, I'm finally in space.
妈妈,快看,我终于上太空了。
Empower yourselves with a good education.
用良好的教育增强自己的能力。
Then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.
然后走出去,用你所受的教育去建设一个配得上你无限希望的国家。
I learned about the importance of public history and its ability to impact communities and inspire new generations.
我了解到公共历史的重要性及其影响社区和激励新一代的能力。
I represent my people and I represent, you know, a community that is so under-represented.
我代表的是我的人民,我代表的是一个没有足够代表性的群体。
I want to make sure that I show up.
我要确保我能站出来。
Representation matters.
代表很重要。
Because when young people see a deaf woman leading Gallaudet University
因为当年轻人看到一位聋哑女性在领导加劳德特大学时,
especially if it's a young deaf child, they look to something and realize it's also possible for them.
尤其如果他是一个年幼的聋哑儿童,就会有所期待,并意识到这对他们来说也是可能的。
It's fine to be the first but I didn't want to be the last.
做第一个还不错,但我不想成为最后一个。
You will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which you are about to enter, so help you God.
你将尽职尽责地履行你即将担任的职务,愿上帝保佑你。
Congratulations.
祝贺你。
There's so many emotions we don't know that our children are facing today.
今天,我们的孩子们面临着太多我们不知道的情绪。
So I created this program for children that was based on happiness.
所以我为孩子们创造了这个以快乐为基础的项目。
Nothing is too small.
事情再小也不为过。
Every little bit that we do matters.
我们所做的每一点都很重要。
And now's the time to remind people of who we are.
现在是时候提醒人们我们是谁了。
Envision a superhero, that is us.
想象一个超级英雄,那就是我们。
That is who we are.
那就是我们的身份。