By the 1970s Hong had already amassed a few hundred credits, including playing Faye Dunaway's butler in "Chinatown".
到20世纪70年代,洪先生已经积累了几百个作品,包括在《唐人街》中扮演费·唐纳薇的管家。
He's also in the sci-fi classic "Big Trouble in Little China", a role he happily recalls.
他还出演了魔幻经典电影《妖魔大闹唐人街》,回忆起这个角色的时候他很高兴。
A girl with green eyes to satisfy him die, a girl brave enough to embrace the naked blade.
有绿色双眼的女孩为了让他满意而死,一个女孩勇敢地接受赤裸的刀刃。
And when I found her I shall marry her.
等我找到她,我就娶她。
I don't understand.
我不明白。
More recently he's been in every iteration of "Kung Fu Panda".
最近,他每一部《功夫熊猫》都参演了。
And just a few months ago, Hong finally received a star on the Hollywood walk of fame.
就在几个月前,洪先生终于在好莱坞星光大道上留下了自己的一颗星。
He is a living character actor legend and a champion for standing up against racism
他是一位活生生的演技派传奇,也是一位反对种族主义、
and fighting the stereotypes faced by Asian Americans in Hollywood and beyond.
对抗亚裔美国人在好莱坞和其他地方遭受的刻板印象的斗士。
In every role I played I tried to make it a human being.
每一个我扮演的角色,我都试图让它成为一个人。
And that's why, I think, I kept working.
这就是我坚持工作的原因。
Because I think not only the studio, but the people saw that James was portraying a Chinese as a real person.
因为我认为不仅想让制片厂,而且还有观众都看到詹姆斯把一个中国角色塑造成一个真实的人。
And not just a cliche character.
而不仅仅是一个俗套的角色。
It's not easy to do, to impart humanity into a character, that is written so stereotypically.
要把人性赋予一个写的如此刻板的角色并不容易。
Yes, that's true.
是的,那是真的。
The characters keep coming and at 93 Hong already has projects lined up to add to those 445 credits.
93岁的洪先生已经扮演了445个角色,新的角色还在不断出现。
Are you going to retire?
你打算退休吗?
Whether ‘tis just nobler in the mind to suffer, the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune to die.
默然忍受命运暴虐的毒箭,或是挺身反抗人世的无涯的苦难,直至死亡。
Okay what was the question now?
好的,现在问题是什么?
I think we have our answer, you're not, you're not retiring.
我想我们有答案了,你不会,你不会退休。
What's that word?
那是什么词?
I mean I, if I were making a movie, I'd hire you for something.
我是说,如果我在拍电影,我会雇你的。
You are the first person I'd hire.
你是我第一个要雇的人。
Yeah well, it has to be at least double scale,okay?
好啊,至少要有两倍的片酬,行吗?
Well, then you're out.
那你别来了。
I knew it.
我就知道。
James, thank you.
詹姆斯,谢谢你。