I've been on this bridge before as vice president, as a candidate for president,
我曾以副总统、总统候选人的身份走过这座桥,
and was here before as a senator because history matters, and now I'm here as your president.
也曾以参议员的身份来过这里,因为历史很重要,而现在我以总统的身份来到这里。
The truth matters, notwithstanding what the other team is trying to hide.
真相很重要,不管对方试图隐瞒什么。
They're trying to hide the truth.
他们试图隐瞒真相。
No matter how hard some people try,
无论人们多么努力地尝试,
we can't just choose to learn what we want to know and not what we should know.
我们都不能选择我们想知道的,只能选我们应该知道的。
We should learn everything: the good, the bad, the truth of who we are as a nation.
我们应该学习一切:好的,坏的,我们作为一个国家的人民的真实身份。
And everyone should know the truth of Selma.
每个人都应该知道塞尔玛的真相。
But as I come here in commemoration, not for show, Selma is a reckoning.
但我来这里是为了纪念,而不是为了表演,塞尔玛是一场清算。
The right to vote, the right to vote, to have your vote counted is the threshold of democracy and liberty.
投票的权利,让你的选票被作数,是民主和自由的门槛。
With it, anything's possible.
有了它,一切皆有可能。
So let's pray, but let's not rest.
所以让我们祈祷吧,但不要休息。
Let's keep marching, let's keep the faith.
让我们继续前进,让我们保持信念。
But most of all, let's remember who we are.
但最重要的是,记住我们是谁。
We're the United States of America and there is nothing,
我们是美利坚合众国,只要我们共同行动,就没有什么,
nothing beyond our capacity when we act together.
没有什么是超出我们能力范围的。
So let's go and finish the job.
所以让我们去完成任务吧。
God bless you all and may God bless our troops.
愿上帝保佑你们,愿上帝保佑我们的军队。