As much as those five officers killed Tyre Nichols, it was the police culture in America that killed Tyre Nichols.
尽管是这五名警察杀死了蒂尔·尼科尔斯,但正是杀害他的元凶是美国的警察文化。
Officers, black...
警察们,黑人警察……
All officers need to ask themselves, who are you actually serving?
所有的警察都应该问问自己,你到底在为谁服务?
Are you serving the public that is paying you, supporting you, giving you this opportunity?
你是在服务付钱给你、支持你、给你这个机会的公众?
Or are you serving this...
还是服务于……
False fraternity that really may not have your back when something goes awry?
当事情出现差错,可能完全不会支持你的虚假的情谊?
When you are a black officer, this is one of my favorite sayings, you come upon a decision making point in your career where you have to decide, am I going to be a traditional police officer or am I going to maintain my blackness?
如果你是一名黑人警察——这是我最喜欢说的一句话——你在职业生涯中会遭遇抉择,你必须做出决定,是要成为一名传统的警察,还是要保持自己的黑人身份?
Because blackness is not accepted.
因为黑人身份是不被接受的。
It's not wanted.
这不被需要的。
You have to be blue.
你必须是蓝色的。
That is what is accepted.
这是人们所接受的。