Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目。
When you make a wish, you hope for something to happen.
当你许愿时,你是希望某事能够发生。
But what is "wishful thinking"?
但什么是wishful thinking呢?
Dan, guess who's going to win the lottery tomorrow.
丹,猜猜明天谁会中彩票。
I don't know, Anna. You know your chances are like a billion to one.
我不知道,安娜。你知道的,每个人中奖的几率只有十亿分之一。
I have a good feeling about this one.
我有个好的预感。
In fact, I test drove the car that I'm going to buy when I win!
事实上,我试驾了我中奖后要买的那辆车!
What? A little wishful thinking can't hurt.
怎么了?有一丝丝痴人说梦又没什么大不了。
A little wishful thinking?
你这是一丝丝的痴人说梦?
With wishful thinking, we think or act like our wish is going to come true, even though it probably will not.
怀有wishful thinking这种心态,我们就会认为或表现得好像我们的愿望会实现一样,即使它可能不会实现。
I'm with Dan on this one. And I really hope Anna isn't too excited about that new car.
在这一点上我支持丹。我真的希望安娜对那辆新车不要太兴奋。
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。