Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目。
Sometimes in life we need to leave behind our old ways of doing things.
在生活中,有时我们需要告别旧的做事方式。
For those times, we have a saying: Out with the old, in with the new.
在这种时候,我们就会说这么一句:旧的不去,新的不来。
So, are you making any resolutions for the new year?
新的一年,你是否有下定一些决心呢?
Yes. It's out with the old, in with the new!
是的。旧的不去,新的不来。
New clothes, new hair, new exercise plan.
新衣服,新发型,新的锻炼计划。
Wow. Do you plan on keeping anything?
哇。你打算保留什么吗?
Yes. My job, and my friends... some.
有啊。我的工作,我的朋友...当然是其中一些。
The saying, "out with the old, in with the new" means to leave behind old ideas, jobs, ways of life, or even relationships.
“out with the old, in with the new”这句话的意思是,抛弃旧的想法、工作、生活方式,甚至是关系。
You want to start fresh.
你想重新开始。
People may say this at the start of a new year.
人们可能会在新年伊始这样说。