I was born in Queens -- Jackson Heights Queens, New York.
我出生在纽约皇后区杰克逊高地。
I have an older sister and older brother.
我有一个姐姐和一个哥哥。
And we all spoke Chinese only until my sister went to kindergarten.
在我姐姐上幼儿园之前,我们都只会说中文。
Life isn’t always about rules.
生活并不总是要循规蹈矩。
And people who break rules are successful in their own right because, you know, they are doing things that they said it couldn’t be done.
那些打破规则的人凭借自己的本事也能获得成功,因为他们在做那些别人认为不可能做到的事。
As supportive and as loving as my parents are, they said that what I’m doing now could not be done.
尽管我的父母支持我,关爱我,但他们也曾说过我现在做的事情是不可能成功的。
And I can understand that because at the time there really were no Asian people in the entertainment business in America.
我可以理解这一点,因为当时美国娱乐圈真的没有亚洲人的立足之地。
And that’s changing and it’s changing slowly, but there has to be someone that starts that.
这种情况正在改变,虽然很慢,但总要有人迈出第一步。
I wanna constantly live in that world where you don’t limit yourself and you’re not afraid and you take risks.
我想一直生活在不对自己设限,不会害怕,敢于冒险的世界里。
I have been working with UNICEF since 2004.
2004年以来,我一直在和联合国儿童基金会合作。
I’ve just always wanted to work with children and I wanted to work with them in a very global way.
我一直想帮助孩子们,我想帮助全世界的孩子。
And UNICEF has such a reach.
联合国儿童基金会有这样的影响力。
I’m also involved with the ignite program at BAM, which is an art program for kids.
我还参与了布鲁克林音乐学院的“点亮计划”,这是一个面向儿童的艺术项目。
I think inspiring children at a very young age is incredibly important.
我认为孩子的早期启蒙教育是非常重要的。
When I came to New York, I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental a lot.
我来到纽约时,经常住在文华东方酒店。
It was something wonderful about being in the location near Central Park.
住在中央公园附近是一件很棒的事情。
The view is spectacular, but also what I love is that they have Chinese breakfast, which is hard to explain to most people they have congee, which is sort of this porridge.
景色非常漂亮,我还喜欢这里的中式早餐,我很难向大多数人解释这里吃的是米粥,和麦片粥类似。
I find it to be so comforting and delicious.
这种粥会让我感到舒适,而且也很美味。
So, it’s rare to be able to find that on a menu.
你很难找到卖米粥的店。
For me, relaxing is really just trying to step away from myself.
对我来说,放松其实就是试着暂时放下正在做的事情。
And what I sometimes like to do is do a staycation.
我有时候喜欢宅度假。
You know, go to the spa and order room service, go downstairs, sort of have everything in one place.
去水疗中心,叫客房服务,下楼,足不出户就能享受到一切。
And I have to say that one of the most luxurious things is to go and stay at the Mandarin Oriental.
我不得不说,最奢侈的事情之一就是去文华东方酒店下榻。