Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目。
You need water for a boat to float.
船要漂浮起来,是需要水的。
But in American English, just about anything can float your boat. Let's listen.
但在美式英语中,几乎任何东西都能让你的船浮起来。让我们听听这是什么意思。
Anna, are you reading another children's book?
安娜,你在看另一本儿童读物吗?
Yes. I read about two a week.
没错,我每周要读两本。
Wow. Well, whatever floats your boat.
哇!好吧,只要你高兴就好。
Children's books have magic and adventure. What's not to love?
儿童读物里有魔法和冒险。为什么不爱呢?
If something "floats your boat", it makes you happy.
如果某个东西“floats your boat”,意思就是它会让你高兴。
Sometimes we say, "whatever floats your boat" when we don't fully understand why someone likes something so much.
当我们不能完全理解为什么有人会那么喜欢某个东西的时候,我们有时就会说“你高兴就好”。
People probably say this to Anna quite a bit.
大家可能经常会跟安娜这么说。
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。