The autumn I told you that popcorn was magic, reached into a pocket and pulled out a handful, stuffed it in my face with full eye contact.
那个秋天我告诉你爆米花是有魔力的,把手伸进口袋里,掏出一把,把它塞在我的嘴里,眼神交流得很充分。
You never called me back.
你一直没回我电话。
Corn. Kernel. A kernel of knowledge.
玉米。玉米粒。知识的核心。
On the counter encountering kernels, overcoming hurdles...
柜台上碰到了玉米粒,跨越障碍……
On top of the onion, we heat up a pan, some coconut oil from faraway lands, the molecules moving and start to expand, with a shake of a hand;
在“洋葱”上面加热锅,放一点来自遥远国度的椰子油,分子移动并开始膨胀,手抖一抖;
Friction. Chicken.
摩擦,鸡肉。
A kernel like an egg the size of a drop, underneath an inferno that's getting real hot; once that spark is ignited you know it can't stop. --unless you turn it off.
一颗鸡蛋大小的果仁,在越来越热的地狱下面;一旦火花被点燃,你知道它无法停止。——除非你把它关掉。
It's been twenty seconds since you filled it up, you might feel the urge to just stop and give up.
加满已经有20秒了,你可能有想停下来的冲动。
you lazy Fxxk.
你太懒了。
Pressure.
压强。
I'm four feet from my dresser.
我离我的梳妆台四英尺远。
Four minutes away from texture mouth pleasure.
四分钟就能尝到口感愉悦的滋味。
That oil sizzles hot and it stings like a bitch, like a pin in your finger instead of the stitch, one of your best friends in bed with the one you were with,
锅里的油滋滋作响,像个坏女人,就像针一下一下地扎在手上,像你最好的朋友和你男朋友在一起一样,
or a very small rock in your shoe, at the tip, with miles to go and nowhere to sit.
或者在鞋尖有一块很小的石头,要走好几英里,却无处可坐。
If I only had velcro, I'd give it a zip.
如果我有尼龙搭扣,我就拉上拉链了。
A holster with nothing to shoot from the hip, when the bottle lands sideways while trying to flip,
拿出啥都射不中的手枪,当瓶子试图翻转时横着落地时,
an entire dry breadstick with nothing to dip,
一整根没有蘸酱的干面包棒,
a kink in your knee when you're trying to skip.
你跳的时候膝盖会扭结。
Pain. Hurts.
疼啊,疼。
Lid. A glass ceiling. A container of motion,
盖子。玻璃天花板。移动的容器,
held stiff with my fist; can't stop this commotion: we're not making popcorn, we're making a potion to heal the world. --or for snacking purposes.
用我的拳头握得僵硬,无法阻止这种骚动,我们不是在做爆米花,我们是在做治愈世界的魔药。——或者是零食。
Exploding. Like an idea.
爆炸了,像一个好主意爆出来一样。
Also like popcorn because it actually is that.
就像爆米花一样,因为它就是爆米花。
What started as kernels expanding so full, we put that expansion inside of a bowl, an above ground hole.
一开始,玉米粒膨胀得非常饱满,我们把它放进碗里,一个地面上的洞。
Salt from the sea, smoked paprika, then Wangjangle.
海里取出来的盐,烟熏辣椒粉,然后开始搅拌。
Then grab it by the fistful, transport it to your face-hole, fill it like you're shoving love inside the gap inside your soul.
然后一把抓住它,把它塞到你嘴里,把它填满,就像把爱塞进你灵魂的空隙里一样。
Soon you'll be full with your head full of clouds, delicious small crispiness cracking out loud.
很快你就会满脑子都是云,美味的小脆片发出响亮的声音。
Uncle Mark looking down...
马克叔叔往下看……
I need to wash my ceiling.
我需要洗天花板。
I'm not exactly proud.
我并不骄傲。
Two cars with only a one-door garage, is popcorn real or just a mirage?
两辆车只有一扇门的车库,爆米花是真的还是只是海市蜃楼?
Reality.
真的。
Beneath that hard shell of armor that makes us so tough, there's light fluffy softness and unspoken thoughts...
我们在如此坚韧的坚硬的盔甲下,有轻盈蓬松的柔软和无法言说的想法……
(unless you're a bit of a blatherer. You might have said everything already.)
除非你是个喋喋不休的人。你可能已经说过了。
Because sometimes life is tough, you're past the point of having had enough,
因为有时候生活很艰难,你已经受够了,
the tears start to fall like you're leaking your soul,
眼泪开始落下,就像你在泄露你的灵魂
your chest starts to swell, in your guts there's a hole...
你的胸腔开始肿胀,你的内脏有一个洞…
Brace for the shock and let it roll through you.
做好心理准备,让它流过你的身体。
Then reach for the popcorn. Open up. Let it soothe you.
然后去拿爆米花。打开。让它抚慰你。
But as you get to the bottom of that bowl, take those unpopped kernels, and lift with a feather.
但当你吃到碗底的时候,把那些没有爆开的玉米粒,用羽毛举起来。
Then keep them in a special place, forever.
然后把它们放在一个特别的地方,永远。
Because popcorn will always have your back.
因为爆米花永远是你的后盾。
Popcorn will never give you flack.
爆米花永远不会抨击你。
Popcorn will never borrow five dollars and not pay it back.
爆米花绝不会借五块钱不还的。
Popcorn will never borrow your car, get into a fender bender, then say it was already like that when it brings it back.
爆米花绝不会借你的车,出了点小车祸,还回来的时候就说车已经这样了。
So never be afraid to pop corn...
所以永远不要害怕爆玉米……
Also we need to SAVE THE OCEAN.
我们还需要拯救海洋。