手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力入门 > 环球慢速英语 > 正文

第900期:安德烈亚斯·霍费尔(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Helen   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Hofer was not afraid of death.

霍费尔不怕死。

He wanted to be at peace with men and God.

他想与人和上帝和平共处。

And he wanted the money he had to go to poor people.

他想要把他拥有的钱捐给穷人。

He explained this in a letter to his sister’s husband.

他在给他姐夫的一封信中解释了这一点。

He wrote this, only a few hours before his death; “It is the will of God that I leave this earth and go on to the next life.

就在他去世前几个小时,他写道:“是上帝的旨意要我离开这个世界,去往来世。

But I thank God that this is not difficult for me...God will help me until my last breath.

但这对我来说并不困难,为此我感谢上帝……上帝会一直帮助我,直到我咽下最后一口气。

Then my spirit will be happy with God’s chosen people for ever.

这样,我的灵魂就会快乐地与神所拣选的子民同在,直到永远。

I will ask for mercy for every person.

我会为每一个人祈求宽恕。

And I will also ask God to forgive me for the wrong things I have done.

我也会祈求上帝原谅我所做的错事。

I shall also ask for mercy for you and for your good wife.”

我也会为你和你的贤妻祈求宽恕。”

“To die is so easy that my eyes have no tears.

“死亡是如此容易,我的眼里都没有眼泪。

I write this at five o’clock in the morning.

我在早上五点写下这封信。

At nine o’clock I will, with the help of all the holy people, arrive before God”.

九点钟时,我将在所有圣人的帮助下,来到上帝面前”。

Andreas Hofer died fighting for the freedom of his country.

安德烈亚斯·霍费尔直到去世时还在为国家自由而战。

But he never stopped believing that it would be free.

但他始终相信他的国家会获得自由。

And four years after his death, his words came true.

在他死后四年,他的话成真了。

Tyrol did become Austrian again.

蒂罗尔确实重新回到了奥地利。

A statue of Hofer stands at Bergisel, in the city of Innsbruck, Austria.

霍费尔的雕像矗立在奥地利因斯布鲁克市的伯吉瑟尔。

People look at it and remember the history of their country.

人们看着它,记住了他们国家的历史。

They remember that they are lucky to live in a free country.

他们记得,他们很幸运地生活在一个自由的国家。

They remember that people gave their lives fighting for such freedom.

他们记得,为了这样的自由,人们献出了自己的生命。

And they remember Andreas Hofer - a man who died for the country he loved.

他们也记住了安德烈亚斯·霍费尔--一位为他所爱的国家而牺牲的人。

译文属可原创,仅供流使用,未经许可请转载

重点单词   查看全部解释    
statue ['stætju:]

想一想再看

n. 塑像,雕像

联想记忆
mercy ['mə:si]

想一想再看

n. 怜悯,宽恕,仁慈,恩惠
adj.

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。