There's a lot to like about carrots.
胡萝卜有很多值得喜欢的地方。
They're aerodynamic.
它们是空气动力的。
They're hydrodynamic.
它们是流体动力的。
They're ground dynamic.
他们是地面动力的。
And they're a friend to plants and animals everywhere.
他们是各地植物和动物的朋友。
They make a great first-class lever, an excellent second-class lever, but they're garbage as a third-class lever.
他们是一流的杠杆,一个优秀的二等杠杆,但他们是超烂的三等杠杆。
They're also one of the stabbiest vegetables on the planet.
它们也是这个星球上最坚固的蔬菜之一。
Take that paper.
击败那张纸。
Take that wall.
击败那面墙。
Take that you no good flimsy piece of tin... can... that is really useful.
击败这没有用的薄锡铁罐……易拉罐其实还挺有用的。
The only other vegetable that's more dangerous is the parshiv.
另一种更危险的蔬菜是姜。
Carrots also have very unique acoustical properties.
胡萝卜还具有非常独特的声学特性。
They're completely silent when blowing in the wind.
它们在风中不会发出一点声音。
Guess what else? You can eat these things.
猜猜还有什么?你还可以吃这些东西。
So we're gonna take these and we're gonna put them in the water right?
所以我们要拿出这些,然后把它们放进水里,对吗?
Wrong!
错!
And why aren't we gonna do that?
为什么我们不这样做呢?
Because baking is better than boiling.
因为烤比煮更好。
That's right, now you say it.
没错,你来念一遍。
Great, we're not putting them in hot water cause we don't want to suck out a bunch of the nutrients and flavor, do we?
太好了,我们不把它们放在热水中,因为我们不想让一大堆营养和味道流失,对吗?
No.
对。
Good!
很好!
Now let's get this puppy warmed up.
现在让我们让这玩意儿热起来。
OK.
好的。
Aw come on!
哎加把劲嘛!
It's like every couple months, I gotta...
好像每隔几个月,我都得......
Ondo's on 4 hundo and it's silent because it's electric.
烤箱开到400度,它没有发出噪音,因为它是电动的。
We're just gonna give these a quick rinse then wrap them in swaddling clothes and lay them in a pan.
我们要把它们快速冲洗一下,然后用襁褓把它们包起来,再放到烤盘上。
We're gonna drizzle some olive oil on the daggers and then some salt, a bit of Triple P and a little bit of honey, don't go crazy!
我们要在上面撒上一些橄榄油,一些盐,一点胡椒和一点点蜂蜜,别加多了哦!
The reason honey works so well on carrots is because carrots contain a little bit of sugar.
在胡萝卜上加蜂蜜味道很好的原因是胡萝卜含有一点糖。
So when you add an external sugar source, it cancels out and then you end up with sugar free carrots. I'm pretty sure.
所以当你另外加糖时,原来的糖就被抵消了,然后你就得到了所谓无糖胡萝卜。我确定是这样子的。
Don't forget to both cross wrassle and side wrassle to make sure they're evenly coated.
不要忘记交叉涂抹和侧面涂抹,以确保它们涂得均匀。
Maybe it'll be a little more comfortable if we put them in the sixty... the head to toe position.
也许这样会更舒服一些,如果我们把它们摆成69...首尾相对的姿势。
If you don't have these small carrots, and you only have the big-ass ones, there's an easy solution.
如果你没有这种小胡萝卜,只有那种特别大的,那么有一个简单的解决方案。
Take them out to the barn, grab your best carving knife, and whittle them down to the size God intended carrots to be.
带他们到谷仓,拿出你最好的雕刻刀,把它们削到上帝本希望的胡萝卜的理想大小。
No bigger. No smaller. Just right.
不大。不大。刚刚好。
Walk the land, check the trees, think about Judy, wonder what life would have been like had you been a better man.
走在这片土地上,看看树木,想想朱迪,想象一下如果你是一个更好的人生活会是怎样的。
You can also just take a big ass carrot and smash it against the wall.
你也可以拿起一个大胡萝卜朝墙砸去。
And if you only have these super baby carrots, you can compress them with your hands until you get one biblically correct size carrot.
如果你只有这种小小胡萝卜,你可以用手将它们压缩成一个遵循神的旨意的大小正确的胡萝卜。
If you and another person are cooking honey-roasted carrots in the same onion on the same day at the same time, just use your wood burner to make your carrots distinguishable with unique symbols.
如果你和另一个人要在同一天、同一时刻、在同一个烤箱里做蜜烤胡萝卜,那你只需用烧木器给你的胡萝卜引上独特的记号用来区分。
So I had these things in for 25 minutes.
我让它们在烤箱里待了25分钟。
I'm just gonna check them with a fork.
我要用叉子检查一下熟没熟。
Well, I was gonna rassle them and get the other side charred, but these puppies are done.
好吧,我本来想滚一下它们让另一边也烤一烤,但这些家伙已经熟透了。
These ones turned out pretty good, too.
这些烤得也很好。
Notice the variety of colors, admire the sheen, feel the warmth, absorb the essence, be mystified by their very existence, bask in the glory of the honey roasted carrot.
看看这丰富的颜色,欣赏光泽,感受温暖,吸收精华,被存在本身所迷惑,沐浴在蜂蜜烤胡萝卜的光芒中。