手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一起学英语-1级 > 正文

第37节:求同存异! Let's Agree to Disagree

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

You know, I am from the country and sometimes I miss it. But I really like life in the city!

我来自乡下,有时我会想念乡下的生活。但我真的很喜欢城市生活!

I love the city. Oh, look. Someone lost a bag. Maybe it's theirs.

我爱城市。哦,看。有人丢了一个包。也许是他们的。

Excuse me. Is this bag yours?

打扰一下。这个包是你的吗?

No. It's not mine. It might be hers. Thank you.

不是。它不是我的。可能是她的。谢谢你。

Excuse me. Is this bag yours?

打扰一下。这个包是你的吗?

No. It's not mine. It might be his. Thank you.

不是。它不是我的。可能是他的。谢谢。

Hello. Is this bag yours?

你好。这个包是你的吗?

Yes, that's mine. These are all my travel things. Thank you, thank you!

是的,那是我的。这些都是我的旅行用品。谢谢你,谢谢你!

Are you okay? You seem ... nervous.

你还好吧?你看起来……紧张。

Well, this is my first visit to Washington, D.C. I'm from a small town in the country. I feel a little lost.

这是我第一次来华盛顿。我来自美国的一个小镇。我觉得有点迷茫。

Is this bag yours?

这个包是你的吗?

No. It's not mine. It might be hers.

不是。它不是我的。可能是她的。

I am from the country too! And I understand. When I first came here, I felt lost ... all the time.

我也来自乡下!我能理解。当我第一次来这里的时候,我一直都感到迷茫。

So, do you like living in the country or in the city?

那你喜欢住在乡村还是城市?

I like to live in the city.

我喜欢住在城市里。

Why? The city is exciting! It has more culture than the country. There are many museums and restaurants.

为什么?城市太令人兴奋了!与乡村相比,它拥有更多的文化。有很多博物馆和餐馆。

Every night, there is theater and music. And, there are more jobs. That is why I'm here.

每天晚上都有戏剧表演和音乐。而且,还有更多的就业机会。这就是我来这里的原因。

Well, I agree. There is more culture in the city and there might be more jobs.

好吧,我同意。城市里有更多的文化,可能会有更多的就业机会。

But the country has more nature! It's peaceful and beautiful.

但是乡村更自然!它是宁静而美丽的。

There are more trees and mountains.

有更多的树和山。

The air is clean. You can go hiking and camping.

空气是清新的。你可以去徒步旅行和露营。

The city is not beautiful. It's noisy and dirty.

城市并不美丽。又吵又脏。

I disagree. I think all the different buildings are beautiful.

我不同意。我认为各种各样的建筑都很漂亮。

And I like to watch all the different people.

我喜欢看各种各样的人。

I agree. There is more culture in the city.

我同意。城市里有更多的文化。

That's another thing that is different.

还有一个不同的地方。

People in the country are friendly.

乡下的人很友好。

They always say "hello!" Here, no one says "hello." I think city people are rude.

他们总是说“你好!”在这里,没有人说“你好”。我认为城里人很粗鲁。

Well, I agree. Country people are friendly.

好吧,我同意。乡下的人很友好。

But I don't think city people are rude. I think they're just busy.

但我认为城里人并不粗鲁。我认为他们只是太忙了。

That's a good point.

有道理。

Look at me. I live in the city and I said "hello" to you.

看看我。我住在城里,我跟你说“你好”了。

But you are from the country.

但你是从乡下来的。

I have an idea. Let's say "hello!" to people -- to many people! What? Why?

我有个主意。我们对人们——对很多人说“你好”吧!什么?为什么?

Well, if we say "hello," then they will say "hello" to other people ... Hello!

如果我们说“你好”,那么他们也会跟其他人说“你好”。你好!

... and they will say "hello" to more people! That's a great idea! I'm glad you found my bag.

他们会对更多的人说“你好”!这是个好主意!我很高兴你找到了我的包。

Come on. Let's go say "hello" to people.

来吧。我们去跟别人说“你好”吧。

We don't have to agree with people. They have their opinions. We have ours.

我们不一定非要同意别人的观点。他们有他们的观点。我们也有我们的观点。

And as we like to say, you can always agree to disagree! Until next time...! Hello!

正如我们常说的,你可以求同存异!下一次见!你好!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
disagree [.disə'gri:]

想一想再看

v. 不一致,有分歧,不适应,不适宜

联想记忆
rude [ru:d]

想一想再看

adj. 粗鲁的,无礼的
adj. 粗糙

 
peaceful ['pi:sfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 安宁的,和平的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。