Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目。
This is a pan. We use it to cook.
这是一个平底锅。我们用它来做饭。
Maybe Anna and Jonathan are planning a dinner party.
也许安娜和乔纳森正在计划一个晚宴。
To Pan Out
To Pan Out
Jonathan, do you have plans for spring break yet?
乔纳森,你春假有什么计划了吗?
I'm supposed to visit friends in Europe.
我打算去欧洲拜访朋友。
But with travel restrictions and all, I'll have to see how things pan out.
但由于旅行限制等原因,我得看看结果如何。
Well, if Europe doesn't pan out, come to my aunt's house.
好吧,如果欧洲之行无法成行,就来我姨家吧。
She's super mean, but she has tons of chickens.
虽然她超级刻薄,但她养了很多鸡。
Thanks, Anna.
谢谢你,安娜。
To pan out means to happen or develop.
pan out的意思是发生或发展。
Some things pan out the way you hope. But other things don't.
有些事情会如你所愿。但有些则不会。
This phrase comes from gold mining.
这个短语来源于金矿开采。
People use special pans to search for gold in flowing water.
人们会用特殊的平底锅,在流动的水中淘金子。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。