She called out, “Good morning,” but received no answer; so she went to the bed and drew back the curtains.
她大声叫道:“早上好!”,可是没有听到回答。她走到床前拉开帘子,
There lay her grandmother with her cap pulled far over her face, and looking very strange.
只见奶奶躺在床上,她的帽子遮住了她的脸,看起来非常奇怪。
“Oh! grandmother,” she said, “what big ears you have!”
“哎,奶奶,”她说,“你的耳朵怎么这样大呀?”
“The better to hear you with, my child,” was the reply.
“为了更好地听你说话呀,乖乖。”
“But, grandmother, what big eyes you have!” she said.
“可是奶奶,你的眼睛怎么这样大呀?”小红帽又问。
“The better to see you with, my dear.”
“为了更清楚地看你呀,乖乖。”
“But, grandmother, what large hands you have!”
“奶奶,你的手怎么这样大呀?”
“The better to hug you with.”
“可以更好地抱着你呀。”
“Oh! but, grandmother, what a terrible big mouth you have!”
“奶奶,你的嘴巴怎么大得很吓人呀?”
“The better to eat you with!”
“可以一口把你吃掉呀!”
And scarcely had the wolf said this, than with one bound he was out of bed and swallowed up Little Red Riding Hood.
狼刚把话说完,就从床上跳起来,把小红帽吞进了肚子。