对话:
Coco: ….Finally, we’ll have some outdoor ads using billboards near main entrances to big cities.
Coco: 最后,我们还会有 一些户外宣传活动,在进入大城市的主要道路入口处竖立广告牌。
Mary: What style will the ads use?
Mary:广告的风格呢?
Coco: We’re focusing on slice of life, showing how you can beat the summer heat by biting into a cool ice-cream sandwich. We will also be highlighting the diversity of the choice of flavors and show everyone that they’re not stuck with just vanilla.
Coco:我们将在日常生活这方面做文章,让消费者购买我们的 冰淇淋三明治消除暑热。同时,我们还会着重宣传这次产品口味的 多样化,强调除了香草口味的冰淇淋,消费者还可以有其他的选择。
Mary: Sounds like an ideal approach. Will we have a new slogan?
Mary:听起来挺不错的。我们的广告会有新口号吗?
Coco: Definitely. The advertising agency’s working on that right now. They’ll have some proposals ready by the end of the week.
Coco:肯定会有。广告代理商正在设计呢。这个周末会出台一 些新的方案。
Mary: Good job! Please keep me informed of the progress of our advertising campaign. Nice talking to you.
Mary:不错!如果广告宣传有进展别忘了通知我啊。很高兴跟 你通话,再见!
Coco:Thank you! I will.
Coco : 谢谢,我会及时向您汇报。
重点:
1)Billboard 户外广告牌
注意和 poster 海报(贴在墙上或板上)有所区别。
2) slice of life (电影、戏剧或书中)现实生活的真实片断
Eg: It was one of the most moving pieces of documentary radio
I have ever heard broadcast, a remarkable slice of real life.
这是我听过的最感人的广播纪实剧,完美地展现了真实生活的一面。
Slice of pizza 一片披萨
3) Highlight 突出 , 强调
Eg: I’ve highlighted the important passages in yellow.
我用黄色标出了重要段落。
4) diversity 多样性
N-VAR The diversity of something is the fact that it contains many very different elements. 多样性
例:
Eg:...the cultural diversity of Latin America.
…拉丁美洲文化的多样性。
5) Stuck 陷入(困境),对话中指固定的,没有别的选择
Eg: We were stuck in traffic for over an hour.
我们遇上堵车,堵了一个多小时。
6) proposal (常为正式书面的) 提议
N-COUNT A proposal is a plan or an idea, often a formal or written one, which is suggested for people to think about and decide upon.
Eg:The president is to put forward new proposals for resolving the country's constitutional crisis.
总统将提出解决国家宪法危机的新议案。
7) Please keep me informed =let me know =keep me posted 请通知我
8) progress 进展
Eg: The new project is progressing slowly. 新项目进展得很缓慢。