手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一起学英语-2级 > 正文

第16节:寻找你的快乐 Find Your Joy!

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi, Kaveh! Let's go to lunch!

嗨,卡维!我们去吃午饭吧!

Ooh, I know a great place. When I first started working here, I would go every day!

哦,我知道一个好地方。当我刚开始在这里工作的时候,我每天都会去!

Great. Oh, no.

太棒了。哦,不。

What's wrong?

怎么了?

I lost my key! I just had it this morning.

我的钥匙丢了!今天早上它还在我这里呢。

You should check the Lost&Found office.

你应该去失物招领处看看。

Great idea. Where is it?

好主意。它在哪里?

Oh, it used to be across from the cafeteria. But now it's down in the basement next to the elevators. It's really hard to find.

哦,它以前是在自助餐厅的对面。但现在它在楼下的地下室里,紧挨着电梯。真的很难找到。

The Lost&Found is hard to find. That's funny.

失物招领处很难找到。真好笑。

It is.

是的。

I hope Anna can find the Lost&Found office!

我希望安娜能找到失物招领处!

"Used to" and "would" describe something that happened repeatedly in the past.

“Used to”和“would”描述过去反复发生的事情。

Kaveh uses "would" when he says, "When I first started working here, I would go every day!"

卡维说,“当我刚开始在这里工作的时候,我每天都会去!”时用了“would”。

There are two differences between "used to" and "would".

“used to”和“would”之间有两个不同之处。

Number 1: We use "would" only when we say the time period first.

第一:只有在我们先说时间段的时候,我们才会用“would”。

Number 2: For verbs like be, think, feel, see and understand, we can only use "used to".

第二:对于be、think、feel、see和understand这样的动词,我们只能用“used to”。

Kaveh says, "It used to be across from the cafeteria."

卡维说:“它以前就在自助餐厅的对面。”

Keep listening for more!

继续听更多吧!

These signs are wrong. There…that's better.

这两个指示牌放错了。这样就好多了。

Come in! I am Serenity.

进来!我是“宁静”。

Hi, Serenity. I'm Anna!

嗨,“宁静”。我是安娜!

Please, sit down. How can I help you?

请坐。我能帮你什么吗?

I lost something very important.

我丢了某样非常重要的东西。

Shh. I already know. You need help.

嘘。我已经知道了。你需要帮助。

Yes. I need help finding the key …

是的。我需要你帮我找到钥匙……

Shh. You need to find the key--the key that will give you happiness.

嘘。你需要找到钥匙--给你带来幸福的钥匙。

Yes. Finding this key will make me very happy.

是的。找到这把钥匙会让我很高兴。

First, Anna, let me tell you a little bit about myself.

首先,安娜,让我简单介绍一下我自己。

Okay.

好吧。

I used to be a very important person with a very important job. I made a lot of money--I mean a lot.

我曾经是一个非常重要的人,有一份非常重要的工作。我赚了很多钱--我是说很多钱。

Wow. Good for you!

哇。真厉害!

No! No, it was bad for me. I lost the most important thing--the key! You've lost it too, haven't you, Anna? Haven't you?

不!不,这对我不好。我丢了最重要的东西--钥匙!安娜,你也把它弄丢了,是不是?难道不是吗?

I guess. So, how does this work? Do I have to fill out a form or something?

我想是的。那么,流程是什么呢?我需要填张表格什么的吗?

No. No forms. Just answer this one question: As a child, what did you use to do to feel happy?

不。没有表格。只需回答这个问题:你小时候经常做什么事会让你感到快乐?

When I was little, I used to sing all the time with my family. Those were good times.

我小时候经常和家人一起唱歌。那是段美好的时光。

Singing is so joyful! I used to sing. But now that I've started my business, I've just been too busy. Too busy! Anna, why don't you sing again?

唱歌是如此快乐!我过去常常唱歌。但是现在我已经开始做生意了,我只是太忙了。太忙了!安娜,你为什么不再唱歌了呢?

I sing everywhere! I sing in the office. I sing on the metro.

我到处唱歌!我在办公室里唱歌。我在地铁上唱歌。

I sing in the elevators. I sing on the escalators.

我在电梯里唱歌。我在自动扶梯上唱歌。

I sing in the bathroom. Serenity! Serenity! I really need to find my key. Yeah!

我在浴室唱歌。“宁静”!“宁静”!我真的需要找到我的钥匙。是啊!

Yes, we need to find the key … the key to happiness.

是的,我们需要找到钥匙……幸福的钥匙。

No, no. I just need to find the key to my apartment.

不,不。我只需要找到我公寓的钥匙。

I used to know. But now I don't! Do you, Anna?

我以前知道。但现在我不知道!你知道吗,安娜?

I don't know. I think I left it in the ladies' room. You know, this isn't the Lost&Found, is it?

我不知道。我想我把它落在女洗手间了。你知道,这里不是失物招领处,是吗?

It could be the Lost&Found. I'm lost! And I used to find joy for people! I used to find joy!

这里可能是失物招领处。我迷路了!我过去常常为人们寻找快乐!我过去常常寻找快乐!

You know, this is a bad time for you. I'll find the Lost&Found myself. Bye, thanks.

你现在的心情不好。我自己去找失物招领处。再见,谢谢。

I used to find joy. I used to find joy! I used to find joy!

我过去常常寻找快乐。我过去常常寻找快乐!我过去常常寻找快乐!

Ah, I found my key!

啊,我找到我的钥匙了!

I used to find joy!

我过去常常寻找快乐!

Oh no. Serenity lost her joy. But at least Anna found her key! Check out our website for more!

哦,不。“宁静”失去了她的快乐。但至少安娜找到了她的钥匙!请访问我们的网站了解更多信息!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
joyful ['dʒɔifəl]

想一想再看

adj. 欢喜的,高兴的

 
describe [dis'kraib]

想一想再看

vt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成

联想记忆
basement ['beismənt]

想一想再看

n. 根基,地下室
n.(新英格兰)特别

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
serenity [si'reniti]

想一想再看

n. 宁静,沉着

联想记忆
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。