Thanks for meeting me.
谢谢你来见我。
Sure.
不用客气。
I'd like to get your advice on my latest project.
我想听听你对我最新项目的建议。
Of course. I heard you were sent to cover a big food festival that has all kinds of barbecue. So, how did it go?
当然。我听说你被派去报道一个有各式各样烤肉的大型美食节。那么,报道进行得怎么样?
Well, things started out great! But then, well, maybe you should watch it yourself.
报道一开始很顺利!不过之后……也许你应该自己看。
Hi English learners! Your lesson today is about my favorite food--barbecue!
你们好,英语学习者们!今天的课是关于我最喜欢的食物——烤肉!
Your assignment is to find passive sentences.
你们的任务是找出被动句。
What are those, you might ask? In passive sentences the subject receives the action!
你们可能会问,被动句是什么?在被动句中,主语是动作的接受者!
For example, "Anna was sent to cover a food festival."
例如,“安娜被派去报道一个美食节。”
Passive sentences have a form of the BE verb + the past participle of the main verb.
被动句的结构是:be动词+主要动词的过去分词。
This lesson is loaded with passive sentences. Hey! That's a passive sentence, too!
这节课充满了被动句。嘿!这句话也是一个被动句!
Okay, now, it's Barbecue Time!
好了,现在是烤肉时间!
Today, a Barbecue Battle is being held in Washington, D.C.
今天,华盛顿正在举行“烤肉大比拼”。
This festival, which is known as one of the biggest food festivals in the United States, brings together barbecue lovers from all over the country!
它是美国最大的美食节日之一。它将来自全国各地的烤肉爱好者们聚在了一起!
Barbecue is meat that is cooked over an open fire or on a grill.
烤肉是指在明火或烤架上烤的肉。
Chicken, pork and beef are all common meats to grill on a barbecue!
鸡肉、猪肉和牛肉都是烧烤时常见的肉类!
No matter which meat you like to barbecue, the sauce is very important.
不管你喜欢烤哪种肉,调味酱都是非常重要的。
Sauces are taken very seriously by chefs. Most ingredients are kept secret!
厨师们非常重视调味酱。大多数配料都是保密的!
So, can you tell us what is in your barbecue sauce?
你能告诉我们你的烧烤酱里有什么吗?
No, I can't tell you.
不,我不能告诉你。
So, tell us, what is the secret ingredient in your barbecue sauce?
告诉我们,你的烧烤酱里的秘密配料是什么?
Sauces are made by the barbecue chefs themselves.
调味酱是由烧烤厨师自己做的。
Most sauces are made with a tomato sauce, vinegar, and spices.
大多数调味酱都是用番茄酱、醋和香料调制的。
How many passive sentences did you find? Here is one I found:
你们找到了多少个被动句?下面是我找到的一句:
Today, a Barbecue Battle is being held in Washington, D.C.
今天,华盛顿正在举行“烧烤大比拼”。
Now you try it. Turn this sentence from active to passive.
现在你们来试试吧。把下面这句主动句变成被动句。
Prof. Bot loves Barbecue! Barbecue is loved by Prof. Bot!
博特教授喜欢烧烤!
Good job! And yes, I do.
做得好!是的,我喜欢。
There are some areas of the U.S. that are known for their tasty barbecue.
美国有些地区以美味的烤肉而闻名。
The states of Texas, North and South Carolina and the cities of Memphis and Kansas City are known as the Barbecue Belt.
得克萨斯州、北卡罗来纳州和南卡罗来纳州以及孟菲斯和堪萨斯城被称为“烤肉带”。
People who are loyal to barbecue are really loyal to their favorite barbecue.
忠于烤肉的人真的忠于他们最喜欢的烤肉。
That is why this festival is called a battle!
这就是这个节日被称为“比拼”的原因!
Let's ask a couple of people which barbecue is best.
让我们问几个人哪种烤肉最好吃。
Texas, of course!
当然是得克萨斯州的烤肉!
Carolina barbecue is the very best.
卡罗来纳州的烤肉是最棒的。
Kansas City!
堪萨斯城!
Memphis style!
孟菲斯风格!
Kansas City! Texas! Kansas! Texas! Kansas! Texas! I say Kansas. Texas! This is Anna Matteo reporting.
堪萨斯城!得克萨斯州!堪萨斯!得克萨斯州!堪萨斯!得克萨斯州!我说堪萨斯。得克萨斯州!安娜·马泰奥正在为您报道。
Kelly, people feel so strongly about barbecue.
凯莉,人们对烤肉的情感太强烈了。
Unbelievable! So, what do you think of my project?
难以置信!你认为我的项目怎么样?
This is what I think. There is no way that Texas has the best barbecue.
我是这么想的。得克萨斯州的烤肉绝对不可能是最好吃的。
I am from Kansas City and we have the best barbecue in the whole country.
我来自堪萨斯城,我们的烤肉是全国最好吃的。
My mother and father owned a barbecue restaurant, which was really famous!
我的父母开了一家烧烤店,非常有名!
So, I know barbecue! Anna, I know barbecue! I know barbecue! I know barbecue!
所以,我了解烧烤!安娜,我了解烧烤!我了解烧烤!我了解烧烤!
Oh my. Kelly knows a lot about barbecue! And you know more about passive sentences!
哦,天哪。凯莉非常了解烧烤!你们也对被动句了解得更多了!
Be sure you go to the website to learn even more! Ah! Now, if you'll excuse me...I'm hungry.
一定要去网站上了解更多信息!啊!如果可以……我饿了。