Welcome to English @ the Movies where you learn American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们会在这里讲解你在电影中听到的美式英语。
In the movie "Spider-Man: No Way Home", Peter Parker's life has become extremely hard after he is publicly identified as Spider-Man.
在电影《蜘蛛侠:英雄无归》中,在公开承认自己的身份是蜘蛛侠后,彼得·帕克的生活变得极其混乱。
He asks Dr.Stephen Strange to turn back time using magic, so his true identity is not known.
他请求奇异博士使用超能力让时光倒流,这样他的真实身份就不会为人所知了。
The request forces Parker to learn what it really means to be Spider-Man.
这一请求使帕克了解了作为蜘蛛侠的真正含义。
Listen for the words "careful what you wish for."
留意听一下careful what you wish for这个短语。
Be careful what you wish for, Parker.
当心你许下的愿望,帕克。
Hello, Peter.
你好啊,皮特。
What do you think "careful what you wish for" means?
你认为careful what you wish for是什么含义?
Is it: A) Wishing does not produce success, or B) Something you desire may have an unexpected bad effect?
是A)愿望不会带来成功,还是B)你想要的可能会带来意想不到的坏结果?
Listen again.
再听一遍。
Be careful what you wish for, Parker.
当心你许下的愿望,帕克。
Hello, Peter.
你好啊,皮特。
The answer is B) Something you desire may have an unexpected bad effect.
答案是B)你想要的可能会带来意想不到的坏结果。
Be "careful what you wish for" is a warning to think carefully about your desires.
“careful what you wish for”是一个警告,是要让你谨慎思考你所许下的愿望。
And that's English at the movies. I'm Dorothy Gundy.
以上就是本期的《看电影学英语》。我是桃乐茜·冈迪。