Welcome to English @ the Movies where you learn American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们会在这里讲解你在电影中听到的美式英语。
The movie Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings will be released in September 2021.
电影《尚气与十戒传奇》将于2021年9月上映。
It tells the story of Shang-Chi, a super-hero who uses his skills in Chinese martial arts to fight his enemies.
影片讲述了超级英雄尚气的故事,他用他的中国武术技能与敌人战斗。
Shang-Chi faces the past and his father, Wenwu, when he is drawn into the secretive Ten Rings organization.
当他被拉进了神秘的十环组织时,尚气会面对自己的过去,以及他的父亲文武。
Listen for the question, "And where did that get you?"
留意听一下这个问句“And where did that get you?”
I gave you ten years to live your life.
我给了你十年的时间去过你自己的生活。
And where did that get you?
你从中获得了什么?
What do you think it means to ask "And where did that get you?"
你觉得“And where did that get you?”这个问句的含义是什么?
A) Did you take a trip recently? Or B) What did you gain from your experience?
A)你最近旅行了吗,还是B)你从你的经历中学到了什么?
Listen again.
再听一遍。
I gave you ten years to live your life.
我给了你十年的时间去过你自己的生活。
And where did that get you?
你从中获得了什么?
The answer is B.
答案是B。
"And where did that get you?" is the same as asking, "What did you gain from your experience?"
“And where did that get you?” 就相当于问,“你从你的经历中学到了什么?”
People use it when considering whether actions of the past could prove useful or damaging in the present.
人们在思考过去的行为对现在是有用还是有害时,会用到这个句子。
Who are you?
你是什么人?
And that's English at the movies.
以上就是本期的《看电影学英语》。