The first step to making caramel apples is to locate an apple tree and pick an apple.
制作焦糖苹果的第一步是找到一棵苹果树,然后挑一个苹果。
I'll take that one, please.
我就买那个吧。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Before you make caramel apples, you want to get into the Halloween spirit by putting up some spooky decorations.
在你做焦糖苹果之前,你需要挂一些吓人的装饰来融入万圣节的气氛。
Some spider webs. Put in a couple ghosts.
一些蜘蛛网。塞几个鬼进去。
Then you want to get some blood on there.
然后你需要在上面撒点血。
Great! That's looking nice and spooky.
很好!看起来很不错也很吓人。
The Jack o'lantern is the most classic Halloween decoration made from a pumpkin.
杰克南瓜灯是最经典的万圣节装饰。
Make sure to get your Jack off of the counter and outside where people can see it.
一定要把你的杰克灯从柜子上拿下来,放到外面人们能看到的地方。
Other lanterns include the Jackaloupe, the Pepp o'lantern, the Appo'lantern, the Cucumb-o'lantern and the lantern.
其他的灯笼还有哈密瓜灯,彩椒灯,苹果灯,黄瓜灯和灯。
Halloween is the one day a year children are encouraged to take candy from strangers while trespassing with a mask on.
万圣节是一年一度鼓励孩子们戴着面具擅自闯入别人家中,从陌生人手中拿走糖果的日子。
The candy apple is the egg salad sandwich of Halloween treats.
焦糖苹果就是万圣节大餐的鸡蛋沙拉三明治。
You don't really want to eat one if you don't know where it came from.
如果你不知道它是从哪里来的,可不要吃它。
They're also a great way to make sure kids don't come back to your house next year.
它们也是确保孩子明年不会再来你家的好方法。
Now your going to want to get your sticks into the apples in advance.
现在你要提前把棍子插进苹果里。
You can use a chopstick, or a popsicle stick, a nail file.
你可以用筷子,冰棒棍,指甲锉。
You can use your favorite wangjangler, you can insert a sharpie, a nice pair of scissors, a wooden dagger that you carved yourself, a bread stick.
你可以用你最喜欢的搅拌棒,你也可以插进锋利的小刀,漂亮的剪刀,你自己雕刻的木匕首,面包棒。
Whoops!
哎呀!
Or a carrot stick.
或者胡萝卜棒。
Mmm... apples.
嗯……苹果。
The key to the caramel apple is balancing the tartness with the sweetness.
做焦糖苹果的关键是平衡酸甜。
You want a nice sour apple to contrast the sugar.
你需要一个酸苹果来和糖形成对比。
It's kinda like a sour key.
这有点像酸味关键点。
Remove the stems from the apples, then keep them in a special place forever.
去掉苹果的茎,然后把它们永远保存在一个特殊的地方。
We're gonna take these caramels, a little bit of liquid. Milk, cream, water.
我们要用这些焦糖,加一点液体。牛奶,奶油,水。
Step up to the mic.
放到微波炉里。
Two minutes. Power level - six or something.
两分钟。加热强度——六级或者其它的也行。
Once it starts to bubble up like some kind of Sci-Fi virus, you want to give it a stir.
一旦它开始像科幻小说里的病毒一样膨胀起来,你就得搅拌一下。
That's how you know it's working.
这样你就知道做没做好。
Now I just had these in the freezer so that way the caramel will set immediately.
现在我要把它们放在冰箱里,这样焦糖就会立刻凝固。
Parchment paper here.
烘焙纸。
Let's just give it a spin.
转一下。
Oh that is some thick-ass caramel sauce.
这个焦糖酱也太浓了。
Spin.
旋转。
Let's get the wangjangled version on there.
来做一个搅拌棒版本的。
I'm throwing these right in the freezer. Bye.
把这些直接扔进冰箱。拜拜。
I'm gonna take this apple.
用这个苹果。
Cut the top off. Cut the core out.
把顶切掉。去核。
Now let's fill that up with caramel.
用焦糖把它填满。
Smear some caramel around here.
在这里涂点焦糖。
And we'll just glue that shut.
然后我们把盖子粘上。
Now that is a caramel apple.
这就是焦糖苹果。
The other thing we could do is...
我们还可以做……
Take an apple and add some caramel in the middle.
拿一个苹果,在两片中间加些焦糖。
Make like a caramel apple sandwich.
做一个类似焦糖苹果三明治的东西。
It's basically a stroopwafel.
基本上就是一个蜜饯华夫饼。
Oh look at me. I'm from the netherlands.
哦,看看我。我来自荷兰。
Let's try one more.
我们再试一个。
Now it does not want to stick to the inside of the apple.
现在它不想粘在苹果里面了。
It's like nanotechnology or something.
就像纳米技术之类的。
It's like that magical spray that came out a couple years ago where you can like pour mustard on your shirt and nothing will stick.
这就像几年前出现的那种神奇喷雾,你可以把芥末倒在衬衫上,不会有东西粘在衣服上。
Maybe we should make, like, clothes out of apples. Ya' know.
也许我们应该用苹果做衣服。你懂吧。
Then we'll never get stained.
这样我们就不会弄脏衣服了。
That's patented.
这是专利。
Alright. So our candy apples set beautifully.
好了。那么我们的焦糖苹果很漂亮。
And if you want to get even fancier from here, take some melted chocolate, drizzle it all over there.
如果你想让它看起来更豪华一些,准备一些融化的巧克力,滴在上面。
Oh look at me, I'm Jackson Pollock.
看我,我是杰克逊·波洛克。
It's also good to use if you didn't get on the top here.
如果苹果上面的地方没沾上焦糖,那这个方法就很好用。
You can just make it look like you meant it.
你可以假装你是故意这么做的。
And then, this handle is a little bit loose here, so use the chocolate to shore up the structural integrity.
这个把手有点松,所以用巧克力来加固结构的完整性。
There we go. Once that dries it will be stronger than cement, but tastier than a brick.
好了。一旦干了,它会比水泥更坚固,但比砖头更美味。
This is mint chocolate by the way.
对了,这是薄荷巧克力。
If you don't like mint chocolate you're a fxxking tool.
如果你不喜欢薄荷巧克力,你就是个该死的工具。
Maybe we can make a crazy face on here.
也许我们可以在这里做个疯狂的表情。
That looks pretty good.
看起来很棒。
That's actually my first time ever trying that.
实际上这是我第一次做这东西。
And then, ya' know, we do like the theater masks, ya' know.
然后,你知道,我们喜欢剧院面具,你知道的。
Sad on this side.
这边是悲伤脸。
Oh I'm in drama class.
噢,我在上戏剧课呦。
Which caramel apple are you?
你是哪个焦糖苹果?
This is obviously is the most dangerous caramel apple a human could ever make.
这显然是人类做过的最危险的焦糖苹果。
Mostly because of the dagger, partly because the apple seeds contain cyanide.
主要是因为匕首,部分是由于苹果种子含有氰化物。
This one is going to be really awesome if you're hungry and you need to stir some marinara sauce.
如果你饿了,需要搅拌一些番茄罗勒酱的话,这个会非常棒。
Now we are going to put the caramel apples in a dark closet for 24 hours to infuse them with maximum fear.
现在我们要把焦糖苹果放在一个黑暗的壁橱里24小时,为它们注入最大剂量的恐惧。
If you want to be that house at Halloween, the house that makes kids super excited, give out full sized candy bars.
如果你想在万圣节成为那栋房子,就是让孩子们超级兴奋的房子,那就给他们全尺寸的巧克力棒。
But if you don't want to give out full sized candy bars, remove the candy bar from the package, replace it with bread sticks and a little fortune cookie style note.
但如果你不想给他们全尺寸的巧克力棒,那就把巧克力棒从包装里拿出来,换成面包棒和一个幸运饼干风格的小纸条。
"Life is full of disappointment."
“生活充满了失望。”
Now you're ready to go.
这样就好了。
Another way to do a candy apple is to make the stick out of candy.
另一种做焦糖苹果的方法是用糖果做棒子。
That way you can start with the apple and finish with the really good stuff afterward.
这样你就可以先吃苹果,然后再吃好吃的东西。
Other candy apples you can make are the juicy Frapple, the Skitt-apple, the Tic-tapple, the Kit-kapple.
其他你可以做的苹果糖种类还有,有多汁的水果苹果, 彩虹糖苹果, tictac糖苹果, 奇巧巧克力苹果。
If you don't want to go through all the trouble to make candy apples, there's lots of other treats that kids love,
如果你不想费力做苹果糖,还有很多其他小孩子喜欢的食物,
such as sesame snaps, pepperoni sticks, apple sauce, seaweed, magic brownies, a spoonful of sugar, a can of tomato soup, a handful of prunes, a little box of raisins and old man mints.
比如芝麻脆饼、意大利香肠棒、苹果酱、海藻、魔法布朗尼、一勺糖、一罐番茄汤、一把梅干、一小盒葡萄干和老人薄荷糖。
Happy Halloween everybody!
各位万圣节快乐!