There's something about being part of nature, there's something about being around these animals.
成为自然的一部分,和这些动物在一起。
To even the most wounded veteran, they feel different, keeps them part of something greater than themselves.
即使是负伤最为严重的老兵,成为某些更加伟大的存在的一部分也会让他们有不同的感觉,
The idea is that you've gotta give someone who's been through a severe trauma, an opportunity to heal,
我们的理念是,你必须给那些经历过严重创伤的人一个治愈的机会,
and we believe that Warriors and Wolves program in a back to nature setting, it does that.
而且我们相信,“战士与狼”的计划在回归自然的过程中做到了这一点。
We have 40 animals at this facility.
我们这里有40只动物。
There you go, you got it. You'll get that.
过来,给你吃东西。
We've rescued wolves off of chains in Alaska as part of a roadside attraction.
我们从作为阿拉斯加州路边景点的铁链上救出了狼。
We rescued wolf dogs from a backyard breeder in San Diego.
我们从圣地亚哥后院的饲养员那里救出了狼狗。
I think for all the veterans that we bring out here, whether they work here or they're here for a support group,
我想,对于我们带来的所有退伍军人来说,不管他们是在这里工作,还是在这里参加一个支持小组,
what rings true is if they can heal, I can heal.
如果他们真的能康复,我就能康复。
The wolves, they notice you're injured, or something's wrong with you, and they have that trauma.
这些狼会注意到你受伤了,也会注意到你出了什么问题,毕竟他们也有这种创伤。
So, you know, we had some type of trauma in life, we kinda get that connection and one wolf will be your friend for life.
所以我们在生活中受到了某种创伤,这会成为我们与狼之间的联系,一只狼将是你一生的朋友。
What happens is one animal picks that one veteran, never again does that animal pick someone else, never again does that animal want to show the same kind of affection to someone else.
一只动物选择了一个老兵,它便不会再选择其他人,它再不会对其他人表现出同样的感情。
What a good boy!
你真棒!
Conventional therapy isn't really something for me. It didn't help to be honest.
传统疗法对我来说不太合适。老实说,根本没用。
After 10 years of military life, it was sort of a tough transition.
在经历了10年的军事生涯之后,我面临着艰难的转变。
Had I continued down my course of being angry, drinking myself to death, may have been the last chapter of my life.
如果我继续着愤怒,酗酒至死的过程,我的人生可能就要结束了。
There are things I've seen that I can't unsee.
有些我以前见过的东西现在看不到了。
There are things I've done that I cannot undo.
有些我以前做过的事情现在不能做了。
Just saying that, well I did it in the name of my country, doesn't help you sleep at night.
我只是说,以前以国家的名义做的一些事情让人夜不能寐。
But what does help you sleep is having a companion.
但是伙伴能帮助你入睡。
They kinda teach you how to be calm and confident.
他们教你如何冷静和自信。
It's got some deeper meaning when they accept you.
当他们接受你的时候,一切就变得更有意义。
They accept you into the family, as part of the pack.
他们会接受你成为家庭的一分子。