手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第87期:有关激励的高级词汇(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey everyone I'm Emma! Welcome to another mmmEnglish lesson.

大家好,我是Emma!欢迎来到Emma的美味英语!

Now I know that many of you are desperate to expand your vocabulary and start using more sophisticated English words

我知道你们有很多人都非常想扩充自己的词汇量,想要开始使用更加复杂的英语词汇,

so today let's focus on some words that can inspire. Inspire you and inspire the people around you.

所以我们今天就来讲讲那些能够激励人心的词汇吧。不止激励自己,还有你身边的人。

In English, there are many ways to say the same thing.

在英文中,同样的事物有很多种说法。

You know a lot of simple vocabulary already which is awesome

你们已经知道很多简单的词汇了,这真的很棒,

but if you want to earn the respect and the attention of people around you, using interesting, thoughtful and meaningful words is definitely something that you want to work on.

但是如果你想要获得身边人的尊重和注意的话,那你绝对想使用一些有趣的、有想法的、有意义的单词。

Words are powerful man!

词汇的力量无穷啊!

And the words that you choose to use tell people a lot about the type of person that you are.

你选择的词汇能够向大家表明你是个什么类型的人。

Expanding your vocabulary and using inspiring words can make you more successful in business, in school, in life, right?

扩充你的词汇量,使用激励人心的词汇,能够让你在职场上、在学校、在生活中变得更加成功,对吧?

Your words can make others want to be around you.

你的词汇能够让其他人想围绕在你身边。

They command respect.

它们会赢来尊重。

People are more likely to trust you or to follow your advice if you use powerful words.

如果你使用强有力的词汇,人们更有可能相信你或者是听从你的建议。

And the words that you use don't just affect others, using powerful and positive and inspiring words will also have a positive impact on you.

你使用的词汇不仅仅影响别人,有力量的、积极的、激励人心的词汇对你自己也会有积极的正面影响。

Today I'm going to give you six inspiring words that you should learn and start using as soon as possible.

今天我要送给大家六个激励人心的词汇,大家应该好好学习,尽快地开始使用。

I'm going to show you how to say them because really, if you can't pronounce these words correctly, it's difficult to deliver an inspiring message, right?

我会给大家展示如何发音,因为如果你发音不对的话,是很难传递鼓舞人心的信息的,是吧?

I'll tell you what they mean and I'll show you how to use them correctly.

我会告诉大家它们的意思,也会给大家展示该如何正确使用。

Make sure you turn on the subtitles down there if you need to and if you would like to translate this video for your friends or for others in your country, well that would be pretty damn cool too.

如果你需要的话,一定要打开下面的字幕,如果你想要为你的朋友,或是你所在国家的人翻译这个视频的话,那真的就太棒了。

The link to do that, to translate the video is in the description.

翻译视频的链接在描述区。

Alright let's start with the word 'inspire'.

好的,让我们从‘inspire’这个单词开始吧。

Yeah if you're going to inspire people with your words, you're going to have to know how to use them, right?

是的,如果你想用自己的语言激励其他人的话,你必须知道该如何使用,对吧?

If you inspire someone, you make them want to do something, you make them feel confident and excited to try something.

你激励其他人,就意味着你想要让其他人做点什么事情,你会让他们因尝试某件事情而自信和激动。

Maybe something new or maybe something that they haven't done in quite a while.

可能是一些新的事情,或者是他们很久都没有做过的事情。

Let's start with pronunciation first.

让我们以发音开始吧。

So that middle syllable is the stressed one.

中间的音节需要重读。

In my accent, you can't hear that final R sound but you would in an American accent.

在我的口音中,你是听不到后面的r音的,但是是美音中可以听到。

And in the past, it's 'inspired'.

过去式是‘inspired’。

Now that final D is a soft D sound so when it's spoken, you hardly hear it.

结尾的d是清辅音,所以说这个音的时候,基本上听不到。

So hear how the air doesn't come out.

听,空气并没有出来。我感到被她深深激励。

I feel inspired by her.

她给了我激励。

Not inspired by her but inspired by her.

结尾的d要轻读。

So I'm catching that sound before I release it.

在我释放之前,我发出了那个音。

So someone can inspire someone to do something, right?

某人可以激励其他人做某件事情,是吧?

A friend inspired me to run a marathon.

我的一个朋友激励我去跑马拉松。

The orchestra inspired her to study music.

管弦乐队鼓舞了她学习音乐。

His brother inspired him to travel the world. Right?

他的哥哥激励他环游世界。

So if someone inspires someone else so the structure is always the same, right?

所以如果有人激励其他人的话,结构总是相同的,对吧?但

But you can also be inspired by something.

是你也可以被其他的东西所激励。

She was inspired by her boss.

她被老板激励了他。

I was inspired by the speech.

这段演讲鼓舞了我。

Who inspires you?

谁激励你?

Is there someone in your life who makes you excited to do something and makes you want to do something?

在你的生活中有没有这样一个人让你非常激动地去做某件事情,让你想要去做某件事情?

Tell me about that person in the comments. Tell me who inspires you.

在评论区和我说说那个人吧。告诉我谁激励了你。

You can also say that they're an inspiration or that they are inspiring.

你也可以说他们对你来说是一种激励,或者是他们非常鼓舞人心。

So if you're thinking of someone who inspires you, try to use all of these words, all of these words from the 'inspire' word family to talk about them.

如果你想到了激励你的人的话,试着去使用所有的单词,也就是‘inspire’派生的所有词汇进行描述。

download (1).jpg

Now when you're feeling inspired, you may need some motivation to help you take action, right?

当你感觉被激励的时候,你可能需要一些动力帮助你采取行动,对吧?

Motivation is the reason why you want to do something.

动力是你想要做某件事情的原因。

It's all of the things and the feelings that make you keep working hard to reach your goals or to finish something.

就是让你不断努力工作,达成目标,完成某件事情的一切。

You want to become a more confident English speaker for a purpose, right?

你肯定是为了某个目的才想要变成更加自信的说英语的人,对吧?

It could be to get a better job, it could be to meet people from other countries, to study abroad, maybe you'd love to travel.

可能是谋求一份更好的工作,可能是遇见其他国家的人,可能是出国留学,也可能是你喜欢旅行。

These are all reasons or your motivation to learn the language, okay?

这都是学习语言的原因或者是动机,对吧?

So motivation is like a better, more sophisticated way of saying reason.

所以呢,‘动机’是用来说原因的更好的、更加高级的方式。

You can ask people "What's your motivation for learning English?"

你可以问其他人“你学习英语的动机是什么?”

Now there's a lot of syllables to pronounce here.

这里有好几个音节。

Motivation.

动机。

So words that end in -tion like this one are usually stressed on the syllable before last so it's motivation.

以-tion结尾的单词通常重音都放在-tion之前的最后一个音节上,所以应该念‘motivation’。

And listen to that last syllable as well.

听一下最后一个音节。

That last syllable is unstressed, the vowel sound reduces right down to the schwa so it's short and low in pitch.

最后一个音节是非重读的,元音变成了中元音,所以它很短,而且音调很低。

It's not motivation. It's motivation.

不是‘motivation’。而是‘motivation’。

My sister Jill works full-time and she studies medicine at night school.

我的姐姐吉尔全职工作的同时还在夜校学习医学。

And that sounds crazy, right?

那听起来很疯狂,对吧?

But her kid's education is her motivation for studying at night school.

但是她在夜校学习的动力是她孩子的教育。

Now you've got the motivation let's expand your vocabulary a little

你已经有了动力了,那我们再来扩充一下词汇量吧,

because we can use the verb to motivate, to motivate someone to do something, to also express these ideas.

因为我们可以使用动词来激励其他人,去激励其他人做某件事情,表达这些意思。

She needs people around her who motivate and inspire her to succeed.

她需要身边的人给予她动力,激励她成功。

There are also two adjective forms that you need to know, the -ed and the -ing forms.

还有两个你需要知道的形容词,以-ed和-ing形式结尾。

Motivated and motivating.

动力满满的,和令人动力满满的。

As soon as I lost a few kilos, I was motivated to lose more.

瘦了几公斤之后,我就有了动力想要瘦更多。

His speech was really motivating.

他的演讲令人动力满满。

There is another adjective, 'motivational'.

还有另外一个形容词,‘有动机的,促进的’。

He's a motivational speaker.

他是个很有动机的演讲者。

So I'm curious. What or who motivates you to keep going?

我很好奇,什么事情,或者是谁让你动力满满,不断前行?

Tell me about that person in the comments.

在评论区和我聊聊那个人吧。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
command [kə'mɑ:nd]

想一想再看

n. 命令,指挥,控制
v. 命令,指挥,支配

联想记忆
release [ri'li:s]

想一想再看

n. 释放,让渡,发行
vt. 释放,让与,准

联想记忆
affect [ə'fekt]

想一想再看

vt. 影响,作用,感动

联想记忆
motivate ['məutiveit]

想一想再看

vt. 给与动机,激发(兴趣或欲望)

联想记忆
syllable ['siləbl]

想一想再看

n. 音节 vt. 分音节

 
inspiring [in'spaiəriŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人振奋的,激励人的,鼓舞人心的

 
expanding [iks'pændiŋ]

想一想再看

扩展的,扩充的

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
pitch [pitʃ]

想一想再看

n. 沥青,树脂,松脂
n. 程度,投掷,球场

联想记忆
description [di'skripʃən]

想一想再看

n. 描写,描述,说明书,作图,类型

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。