手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第85期:some和any的区别(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Do you have any questions about when to use 'some' and 'any'?

你们是不是有这样的问题,到底什么时候使用‘some’,什么时候使用‘any’呢?

I have some helpful tips for you today.

今天我为大家准备了很多干货。

Hey there I'm Emma from mmmEnglish.

大家好啊,我是Emma,欢迎来到Emma的美味英语。

Now these two words, they're very common English words that are often confused and misused by English learners.

这两个单词都是非常常见的英文单词,但是却经常被英文学习者混淆,也经常被误用。

And although they seem to have very similar meanings, they're not often interchangeable

尽管它们看起来意思非常相近,但通常都不是可以互换的,

so it's important to know which word to use and when to use it.

所以知道需要使用哪个单词,以及什么时候使用是非常重要的。

In this video I'm going to clear up some of that confusion so that you can avoid making those mistakes in the future.

在这个视频中,我将清除大家的一些疑惑,这样大家就可以避免在未来犯这些错误了。

We'll go through the meaning of 'some' and 'any' the general uses and some of the exceptions to the rules

我们将学习‘some’和‘any’的意思,一般的规则,和规则外的一些例子,

so make sure you keep paying attention throughout the video.

所以大家一定要保证整个视频都全神贯注哦。

There's going to be a quiz at the end.

视频结尾会有一个小测试。

Now if you're not a subscriber yet, then click that button just down there and become one.

如果你还没有订阅的话,那就点击下面的按钮订阅吧。

You can also use the tools down there to slow down the video speed in case I'm speaking a little too quickly for you.

大家也可以使用下面的工具放慢视频的速度,以防我说得对你而言太快了。

You can control that right down there……

大家可以进行控制。

The first thing you need to know is that we use 'some' and 'any' before plural and uncountable nouns.

你需要知道的第一件事情就是我们在复数名词和不可数名词之前都会使用‘some’和‘any’。

And we do it to talk about a certain number or amount of something when we don't actually know exactly how much or how many of that thing we want.

我们会用来谈论一定数量的东西,当我们并不知道我们想要的东西确切地说有多少的时候。

So I need to buy some bread.

所以我需要买点面包。

I'm saying that I need to buy an amount of bread but I'm not being specific, I'm not saying exactly what number or amount I need.

我说的是我需要买一定数量的面包,但是我说的并不确切,我并不是在说我需要的确切的数量。

Now again we want to know if there's pasta left, but I don't really care about the specific amount, I just want to know if there is an amount.

我们想要知道还有没有剩下的意面,但是我并不关心确切的数量,我只是想要知道是不是还有点。

Now because 'some' and 'any' are both used in quite similar situations, it's often difficult to know which one you should use, right?

因为‘some’和‘any’是可以在相似的情境中使用,所以经常很难知道到底应该使用哪个,对吧?

So we're going to go over the general grammar rules to help you decide which one to use.

所以我们要学习一些基本的语法规则,来帮助大家决定到底应该使用哪个。

But definitely stick around until the end of this lesson, there are some exceptions to these rules that you need to know.

但是一定要坚持到本节课程的结尾哦,有一些规则外的例外,大家需要知道。

And I'll get to those in a little bit but later, later, later on, I've also got a quiz that's going to help you to test what you've learned in this lesson.

我会在一会儿讲到这些,我还准备了一个小测试帮助大家测试本节课学到的内容。

download.jpg

So as a general rule, we use 'some' with positive or affirmative sentences.

作为一条基本的规则的,我们会在肯定句中使用‘some’。

I left some soup for you in the kitchen! Please treat us with some respect.

我在食堂里给你留了点汤~请尊重一下我们。

He said he would get the cat some food from the shop.

他说要去商店里给猫买点食物。

Now we can use 'any' with negative sentences and questions, okay?

我们会在否定句和疑问句中使用‘any’,对吧?

Did you leave any soup for me?

你给我留汤了吗?

Do you have any respect for us?

你能尊重一下我们吗?

Did you get the cat any food from the shop?

你给猫从商店买食物了吗?

So that's pretty simple right?

那非常简单,对吧?

There are some clear rules there but like many things in English, there are several exceptions to this rule as well.

确实是有一些明确的规则,但是像英文中其他的一样,会有一些不受规则约束的例外。

Now this is where the fun starts.

这就有趣了。

Alright take a look at this question. Can you pick up some coffee on your way home?

好的,看看这个问题。你能在回家的路上买点咖啡吗?

We use 'some' and it's a question. Now this is an exception.

这是个疑问句,但是我们使用了‘some’。这是个例外。

We use 'some' in questions when you're pretty sure that the answer will be yes.

当你确定答案会是肯定的时候,我们会在疑问句中使用‘some’。

I'm asking you to pick up coffee because I know there's a high probability or a strong chance that you'll say yes, that you will buy the coffee.

我在请你帮我买杯咖啡,因为我知道有非常大的可能你会说好的,你会帮我买咖啡的。

Now often questions that we are expecting the answer to be yes are offers or requests okay?

通常我们期待答案是肯定的时候,都是一些提议或者是请求,对吧?

Would you like some milk in your coffee?

你想在咖啡了加点牛奶吗?

Alright I'm being polite.

好的,我在表现的有礼貌。

I'm asking you but I know that you probably want milk in your coffee.

我在问你,但是我知道你可能想要在咖啡里面加牛奶。

Now if I said I'm asking because I actually don't really know if you have milk in your coffee or not.

如果我说我问的原因是因为我其实并不知道你是不是需要在咖啡里面加牛奶。

Do you need me to lend you some money?

你需要我借给你点钱吗?

Now I already know that you need money and I'm expecting you to say yes but if I said: Do you need me to lend you any money?

我已经知道你需要钱,而且我期待你会说是的,但是如果我说:你是不是需要我借给你点钱?

I'm asking because honestly I don't really know the answer.

我在问因为其实我并不知道答案。

Now this isn't the only exception okay?

这并不是唯一的例外,对吧?

We have a couple more important ones to get through but that one is an important one to remember.

我们有很多非常重要的需要学习,但是那一个是非常重要的,需要记住。

Alright so that was a very subtle difference.

好的,那是非常细微的差别。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
negative ['negətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 否定的,负的,消极的
n. 底片,负

联想记忆
confusion [kən'fju:ʒən]

想一想再看

n. 混乱,混淆,不确定状态

联想记忆
specific [spi'sifik]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的
n. 特

联想记忆
subtle ['sʌtl]

想一想再看

adj. 微妙的,敏感的,精细的,狡诈的,不明显的

 
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
confused [kən'fju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu

 
exception [ik'sepʃən]

想一想再看

n. 除外,例外,[律]异议,反对

 
probability [.prɔbə'biliti]

想一想再看

n. 可能性,或然率,机率

联想记忆
avoid [ə'vɔid]

想一想再看

vt. 避免,逃避

联想记忆
interchangeable [.intə'tʃeindʒəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可互换的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。