Welcome to English @ the Movies -- American Classics
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》(美国经典版)节目,
where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
我们会在这里讲解你在电影中听到的美式英语。
The 2006 movie "Akeelah and the Bee" tells the story of 11-year-old Akeelah Anderson, the winner of her school's spelling bee contest.
2006年上映的电影《阿基拉和拼字比赛》,讲述了11岁的阿基拉·安德森的故事。她是学校拼字比赛的冠军。
She asks English professor Dr. Larabee to help her prepare for the National Spelling Bee.
她请求英语教授拉勒比帮助她为全国拼字比赛做准备。
Listen for the words "own it."
留意听一下own it这个词。
You'll win using my methods, by first understanding the power of language, then by reconstructing it -- breaking it down to its origins.
用我的方法,你会赢的,首先理解语言的力量,然后重建它--将它分成语源。
You will own it. And then you know what you'll be?
你会掌握它的。然后你知道你会怎么样吗?
Mm-hmm. Tired.
嗯,累趴下。
You'll be a champion.
你会成为冠军的。
What do you think "own it" means?
你认为“own it”是什么意思?
Is it: A) to take possession of something after paying for it?
是A)付款后占有某物,
Or B) to gain knowledge and skills in order to succeed.
还是B)为了成功而获得知识和技能。
You'll win using my methods, by first understanding the power of language, then by reconstructing it -- breaking it down to its origins.
用我的方法,你会赢的,首先理解语言的力量,然后重建它--将它分成语源。
You will own it. And then you know what you'll be?
你会掌握它的。然后你知道你会怎么样吗?
Mm-hmm. Tired.
嗯,累趴下。
In this example, "own it" refers to choice B.
在这个例子中,“own it”的含义是选项B。
Dr. Larabee tells Akeelah that knowing where a word comes from helps to correctly spell it.
拉勒比教授告诉阿基拉,知道一个单词的来源有助于正确拼写它。
"Own it" has other meanings, too, such as to take possession of something, or to take responsibility for one's actions, both good and bad.
“Own it”还有其他的含义,比如占有某物,或者为某人的行为负责,无论这行为是好是坏。