Welcome to English @ the Movies -- American Classics
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》(美国经典版)节目,
where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
我们会在这里讲解你在电影中听到的美式英语。
The 2005 movie Madagascar tells the story of the kind lion, Alex, and his animal friends.
2005年上映的电影《马达加斯加》讲述了一只善良的狮子,亚历克斯,和他的动物朋友们的故事。
They leave their zoo for a night out and are unexpectedly transported to the island of Madagascar.
它们离开动物园出去玩了一夜,却意外地被送到了马达加斯加岛。
There, Alex develops a desire to hunt meat and must separate from his friends.
在那里,亚历克斯产生了猎食的欲望,因此必须和他的朋友们分开。
When they are threatened by mean island animals, Alex overcomes his hunting desire to aid them.
当他的朋友们受到凶狠的岛屿动物的威胁时,亚历克斯克服了他的狩猎欲望,挺身相助。
Listen for the words "It's showtime."
留意听一下It's showtime这个短语。
It's showtime.
好戏要登场了。
Thanks for not giving up on me, Marty.
谢谢你没有放弃我,马蒂。
Man, you almost gave me a heart attack.
伙计,你差点把我吓出心脏病。
You can't just come up here and sneak up on me.
你不能这样偷偷走过来接近我。
Just because you're a lion... let go of me!
因为你是一头狮子...放开我!
We're getting out of here. Guys, just go with me on this. Like I said, it's showtime.
我们要离开这里。伙计们,听我说。就像我说的,好戏要登场了。
What do you think "It's showtime" means?
你觉得It's showtime是什么意思呢?
Is it: A) the point in time in which something ends; or B) something exciting and risky is about to happen.
是A)某物结束的时间点,还是B)激动人心又危险的事情就要开始了?
Listen again.
再听一遍。
We're getting out of here. Guys, just go with me on this. Like I said, it's showtime.
我们要离开这里。伙计们,听我说。就像我说的,好戏要登场了。
The answer is B) something exciting and risky is about to happen.
答案是B) 激动人心又危险的事情就要开始了。
Alex is asking his friends to go along with his behavior of a mean, hungry lion to scare off the island animals.
亚历克斯让他的朋友们一起配合,让它装作一只凶狠又饥饿的狮子,来吓跑岛上的动物。
And that's English at the movies.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。