手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 瑞秋纯正美式发音视频 > 正文

美式发音练习-纸包不住火(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Well, the cat's out of the bag. Several of you have guessed my secret.

好吧,纸包不住火,你们有的人已经猜到了我的秘密。

That cat's out of the bag. What a great idiom.

纸包不住火,多棒的成语啊。

In this American English pronunciation video, we'll go over how what it means, how to say it, and how to use it.

在这段美式英语发音视频中,我们将介绍它的含义,如何说,以及如何使用它。

It would be hard to keep a cat in a bag wouldn't it? I imagine it would struggle, it would move around a lot, and would want out.

把猫放在袋子里很难,不是吗?我想它会挣扎,会四处乱动,想要离开。

The cat's out of the bag.

纸包不住火

The cat's out of the bag.

纸包不住火

'The cat's out of the bag' is an idiom in English that means a secret becomes known. For example:

“纸包不住火”是英语中的一个成语,意思是知道了一个秘密。例如:

Hey, are you coming to Renee's surprise party tonight?

嘿,你今晚要来蕾妮的惊喜派对吗?

Yes, but it's not a surprise anymore. The cat's out of the bag, she overheard me talking about it.

是的,但这已经不是什么惊喜了。纸包不住火,她无意中听到我在谈论这件事。

Now, there's something that I've been keeping from you, the Rachel's English audience.

《瑞秋纯正美式发音》节目的观众们,有件事我一直瞒着你们。

It's gotten harder and harder to keep you from knowing, and in my last video, quite a few of you noticed.

越来越难让你们不知道,在我上一个视频中,你们中的很多人都注意到了,

The cat's out of the bag. It's not a secret anymore.

纸包不住火。这已经不是秘密了。

mqdefault.jpg

I'm pregnant. Over the course of our trip this summer, and this fall, I've been getting bigger and bigger.

我怀孕了。在我们今年夏天和秋天的旅途中,我的肚子变得越来越大。

And now I'm about two months away from my due date.

现在离预产期还有两个月,

I'm due December 30, with a boy. This is my first baby.

我的预产期是12月30日,是一个男孩。

And my husband and I are really excited.

这是我的第一个孩子,我和我丈夫都很兴奋。

I've had a lot of fun over the past week reading your comments on Facebook and YouTube as some of you figured out that I'm pregnant.

在过去的一周里,我在Facebook和YouTube上读到了你们的评论,你们中的一些人发现我怀孕了,

Thank you for your well-wishes.

谢谢你们的祝福。

So there it is, the cat's out of the bag.

就是这样,纸包不住火。

Interestingly, I got a request this week to go over the phrase 'out of', so the timing is perfect for this idiom.

有趣的是,本周我接到一个请求,要求我复习一下“out of”这个短语,所以现在很适合讲讲这个成语。

The cat's out of the bag.

纸包不住火。

The cat's out of the bag. We have six words, and only two of them are stressed, which means you want the rest to be really short.

纸包不住火。有六个词,其中只有两个词需要强调,这意味着剩下的词很短。

Since all of these words go together to make one idea, they should all link together.

既然所有这些词组合在一起表达一个含义,它们就应该联在一起。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
request [ri'kwest]

想一想再看

n. 要求,请求
vt. 请求,要求

联想记忆
pronunciation [prə.nʌnsi'eiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 发音

联想记忆
phrase [freiz]

想一想再看

n. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句
vt. 措词

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。